Ariens Pro RapidTrak vs Home Depot / Lowe's In-stock Models - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 11-27-2019, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 50
Ariens Pro RapidTrak vs Home Depot / Lowe's In-stock Models

So I made the mistake of waiting to buy a snowblower and tonight we're getting a foot of snow here in Minnesota. I've been looking at the Ariens Pro 28" RapidTrak and ran over to Lowe's. I knew they didn't stock them and was debating if I should just save the money and buy one of the models off the floor and take it home, or order the Ariens 926078 Pro RapidTrak, shovel this storm, and pick it up next week. I realize the Pro comes with a bigger motor, hydrostatic trans, RapidTraks, but is the actual machine itself (steel thickness, chute, controls, etc....) that much different or better built and thus worth waiting for (and obviously spending the additional money) ??? I'm purchasing from Lowe's because I get a 10% VET discount along with 24 month's / 0% financing. Thank's for any and all opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-27-2019, 01:52 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 269
Wait and get the heavy duty one.
post #3 of 16 Old 11-27-2019, 02:58 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 22
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 38
I say wait OR go to a local dealer and you just might get the same deal if he wants your business, plus in the event there is warranty work down the road you won't be put on the back burner like the guy who bought it in Lowes and saved a few bucks. They usually will set up the machine perfectly for you unlike the part timers in the big box stores.You can easily be out of a snowblower for three weeks in the dead of winter if he has loyal customers to service. I've seen more than once in the big box stores this time of the year when snowblowers fly out the door and they need lots of pre-assembled machines they would have unskilled labor having a race to see who can assemble quicker only ARMED with an impact over driving every nut and bolt. Best of luck.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 87powershiftx2 liked this post
post #4 of 16 Old 11-27-2019, 04:45 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 71
Thanks (Received): 118
Likes (Given): 571
Likes (Received): 270
Be patient and get the Rapid Trak from your dealer. This is a purchase you will have for many years.
1. Go to dealer
2. Purchase Rapid Trak
3. Post lots of pics and videos
4. Enjoy

2016 Ariens Professional 28
2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes 87powershiftx2 liked this post
post #5 of 16 Old 11-27-2019, 05:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 14
My former machine was a Sriga (Murray) 27". It weights about 100KG.
My new machine is a pro 28 on wheels. thats 140KG of snowblower Sure the engine weighs a few kg more but the rest is better/thicker material

“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”
post #6 of 16 Old 11-27-2019, 09:26 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 83
Likes (Received): 58
We're in the center of the UP...east of you. Getting a load right now.

I'm very happy with my last year's 28" Rapid Trak Pro. 420cc Briggs. I think it well made. Would recommend.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-27-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Welp, just got in from shoveling. Decided to wait and buy the Ariens Pro RapidTrak 926078. I'm just hoping the new Ariens motor is as good as last year's B & S. I realize I'm losing gas tank capacity, but couldn't get the B & S. This is shipping directly from Ariens, so no Lowe's employees putting it together. Says delivery is December 3rd. I would've purchased from a dealer but $300.00+ Veterans discount and 0% APR financing was hard to pass up. Stock is dropping quickly and didn't want to take a chance I'd be out past Xmas.
Lastly, so I can plan ahead, what maintenance items, shear pins, non-stick coatings, oil, etc.. would be good to buy and have on hand ??
post #8 of 16 Old 11-27-2019, 02:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like
All you really need is spare shear pins. Set it up as per manual.if it's for paved surfaces and not gravel use 2 paint stirs to get an even 1/8" gap. Do the adjustments on a perfectly flat surface and have each paint stir perpendicular to the scraper bar in the inside of the bucket like 2 " off the sides and then loosen the skid shoes and snug them up when they are flat to the floor.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-27-2019, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
all3939, thank you!!! I've got all paved driveways and sidewalks to do, no gravel. I'll do that adjustment inside on my level garage floor. Going to order some shear pins, additional oil, and some silicone.
I assume it's best to use "non-ethanol" gasoline, so I'll be sure to stick with that.
post #10 of 16 Old 11-27-2019, 07:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Don't go overboard. Get oem shear pins as you never know what lays buried under the snow. You have time for oil and instead of silicone get fluid film in spray cans. The gas I wouldn't worry. I get the gas from my regular local station, not E free and it doesn't make a difference. I use the regular gas in all my ope for years and never a problem. I over winter the summer equipment and over summer the winter crew and never a problem with the gas. I use sea foam @1 once /gallon year round and the recommended plus a bit more of the marine stabil and good to go for ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page