Having tough time trying to find replacement carburetor - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 12-02-2019, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
JnC
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 902
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 69
Thanks (Received): 144
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 234
Having tough time trying to find replacement carburetor

I am trying to help a friend fix his Ariens 924116, it seem to be having tough time starting using the pull cord; if you use the 110v plug it starts up fine but with the pull cord it takes a few tries till the machine comes to life. This would be fine if he didnt have shoulder issues, I suggested replacing the carb as cleaning the carb didnt really solve the issue.



I usually use Boats.net to find honda replacement parts and being that the GX motor is so common I have no issue finding aftermarket carbs. I have looked everywhere and all I keep finding is part lists/diagrams on partstree, jackssmall engine etc etc for the ariens and they DO NOT list the carb or the carb part number, you can buy the whole motor but cant find any individual parts.



Any idea what the part number might be for an Ariens 924116 ? It has a 10hp tecumseh L-head motor, TIA.
JnC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 12-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ashland, MA
Posts: 402
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 96
Likes (Received): 78
Ebay... Sold by engine types
foggysail is online now  
post #3 of 9 Old 12-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,662
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 150
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 543
If he has shoulder issues, He should just use the electric start and not worry about the pull aspect. That is what it is there for.
oneacer is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 12-02-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
JnC
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 902
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 69
Thanks (Received): 144
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneacer View Post
If he has shoulder issues, He should just use the electric start and not worry about the pull aspect. That is what it is there for.



When he uses it at home he does, but he plows for a living in winter time and the machine is usually in his truck and needs to be used on the properties he plows, thats when things get a bit complicated with the 110v.
JnC is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 12-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,662
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 150
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 543
Pulling a pull cord a couple times to start is not unusual for a machine. The unit sounds fine, and I do not think putting on a new carb is going to change an already good running machine.

He could probably just get a power inverter for his vehicle, or bring someone with him, or if he has shoulder issues and can not pull a starter cord on a blower, he might consider having someone else do that sort of physical work.
oneacer is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 12-02-2019, 10:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Somewhere in Michigan.
Posts: 121
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 48
Garage
Like Oneacer suggested---->https://www.homedepot.com/p/GoWISE-U...-306070582-_-N

HEY LASERLIPS, YOUR MAMA WAS A SNOWBLOWER!!!

2017 Sno-Tek
1995 Chevy K1500
1990 John Deere Hydro 175
88-tek is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 12-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,662
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 150
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 543
You can get them a lot cheaper than that ...
oneacer is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 12-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: ma
Posts: 1,288
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 99
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 223
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnC View Post
I am trying to help a friend fix his Ariens 924116, it seem to be having tough time starting using the pull cord; if you use the 110v plug it starts up fine but with the pull cord it takes a few tries till the machine comes to life. This would be fine if he didnt have shoulder issues, I suggested replacing the carb as cleaning the carb didnt really solve the issue.



I usually use Boats.net to find honda replacement parts and being that the GX motor is so common I have no issue finding aftermarket carbs. I have looked everywhere and all I keep finding is part lists/diagrams on partstree, jackssmall engine etc etc for the ariens and they DO NOT list the carb or the carb part number, you can buy the whole motor but cant find any individual parts.



Any idea what the part number might be for an Ariens 924116 ? It has a 10hp tecumseh L-head motor, TIA.

tech carbs are about the easiest to source of any blower 14 bucks a carb max 1st you need to figure out which motor you have everything i see says its a ohv motor in that case any ohv 318cc carb will work
if its an L head any 358cc carb will work non adj or adjustable


https://www.ereplacementparts.com/ar...26_157495.html


I agree the carb is fine as other poster stated properly tuned tecs start 1/2 a pull
proper starting procedure right amount prime and choke setting should start 1/2 a pull

Last edited by 1132le; 12-02-2019 at 11:42 AM.
1132le is offline  
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Ian Ariens 924 liked this post
post #9 of 9 Old 12-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: London,Ontario
Posts: 157
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1132le View Post
tech carbs are about the easiest to source of any blower 14 bucks a carb max 1st you need to figure out which motor you have everything i see says its a ohv motor in that case any ohv 318cc carb will work
if its an L head any 358cc carb will work non adj or adjustable


https://www.ereplacementparts.com/ar...26_157495.html


I agree the carb is fine as other poster stated properly tuned tecs start 1/2 a pull
proper starting procedure right amount prime and choke setting should start 1/2 a pull
Fresh non ethanol gas would help or get a 12 volt starter if using the unit commercially.

Ariens 924024 8 hp 32” now a 10 hp
Ariens 910008 7 hp 24”
Ian Ariens 924 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome