Snowblower Forum banner

Ariens Worm Gear Replacement Needed..??

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JayzAuto1 
#1 ·
Good Day Everyone

I am really hoping you can help!

I've inherited a 15-year-old Ariens 20inch 5.5hp two-stage snowblower, the perfect width for me and my wheelchair :)
However the Brass worm gear just simply cracked-no shavings. Ariens won't sell the gear alone and the assembly in my mind is too costly to CAD dollars (budgeted-sorry). I believe I read somewhere on the internet that Ariens used MTD or MURRAY Auger gears in the past?

Based on the Model Number: 932140 Serial Number: 009614 would anyone be able to find a cost-effective solution? Gear only?

Many Thanks in Advance
Ivan

#4 ·
AriensBoy, That gear looks like the Chute Turning arrangement for a Murray or Craftsman machine.

eReplacement shows a brass gear & shaft assembly using the OP's Model number, using a quick search. looks to be reasonably priced to me for US Dollars. IDK about Canadian dollars or IF they ship. But a google search using the numbers provided should lead to something up that way, new or possibly used on eBay

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/shaft-worm-gear-assembly-p-952472.html

I would definitely go to the Ariens site to confirm the correct parts using the machines serial number. Free to look up and download owners and parts manuals.

GLuck, Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.