Deluxe EFI flash rust questions concerns - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-13-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Deluxe EFI flash rust questions concerns

Hi,

Long story short I purchased the deluxe 30 and dealer sent the the EFI 30 by mistake. Thinking about returning but this has become a real hassle. Saved me 300 but I feel dishonest and didn't really want the efi.

Questions,

hand warmers didn't heat up, how hot should they get?

second there are already flash rust water stains on the auger rod that connects to the impeller. Is that normal after 1 use?

Comments;
Steel skids tore up my driveway and autodrive was making it wiggle like a snake down the driveway (I adjusted skids to 1/8 inch), and set tire pressure to 16psi, 20% below tire rating per instructions. Additionally the snow was about 2 -3 inch's but VERY wet and slushy. It was getting bound up in the chute... thought that wouldn't happen with the ariens?

Used the snow blower and the first start up took three pulls, found that weird as I thought EFI fuel injection should start it first pull.

Charged EFI battery for 36hrs per instructions, charger never went green, unplugged and plugged back in and immediately went green. Found that strange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-13-2019, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Just wanted to add that the machine pops a wheely when putting into gear above 2
post #3 of 5 Old 12-13-2019, 02:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 4
Deluxe EFI flash rust questions concerns

I understand the poly shoes really help with auto turn and donít mark up the driveway. I installed some on my new Deluxe 28 but have yet to receive enough snow to try them out.
I wonít worry about a little surface rust. These machines are meant to be wet. If you are worried you can try and wax/grease the area that is rusting.

As for returning the EFI, Iíd just give the dealer a call. Now that the machine is used Iíd be surprised if he didnít just let you keep it.
I wonít have paid the extra $for the EFI but would be happy with it assuming it is running well. Some folks worry about maintenance costs if it breaks. Just buy the $99 extended warranty and you will be worry free for 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4 of 5 Old 12-13-2019, 03:20 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 71
Thanks (Received): 118
Likes (Given): 571
Likes (Received): 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblownovice View Post
Hi,

Long story short I purchased the deluxe 30 and dealer sent the the EFI 30 by mistake. Thinking about returning but this has become a real hassle. Saved me 300 but I feel dishonest and didn't really want the efi.

Questions,

hand warmers didn't heat up, how hot should they get?

second there are already flash rust water stains on the auger rod that connects to the impeller. Is that normal after 1 use?

Comments;
Steel skids tore up my driveway and autodrive was making it wiggle like a snake down the driveway (I adjusted skids to 1/8 inch), and set tire pressure to 16psi, 20% below tire rating per instructions. Additionally the snow was about 2 -3 inch's but VERY wet and slushy. It was getting bound up in the chute... thought that wouldn't happen with the ariens?

Used the snow blower and the first start up took three pulls, found that weird as I thought EFI fuel injection should start it first pull.

Charged EFI battery for 36hrs per instructions, charger never went green, unplugged and plugged back in and immediately went green. Found that strange.
Handwarmers should get warm enough to tell. Fresh gas might help with starting. Since you got EFI by mistake entire purchase is weird and you should consider return. If you want something to kick some a$$ on wet heavy snow get the Platinum 24" SHO for $1599 because 306cc on 30" even with EFI is considered average and others on the forum like @1132le would not be as diplomatic as me, he tells it like it is.

2016 Ariens Professional 28
2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
post #5 of 5 Old 12-13-2019, 04:22 PM

Location: North Dallas area and UP of MI, average snowfall 202"
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 26
Thanks (Received): 84
Likes (Given): 85
Likes (Received): 248
Make sure that the hand warmers are plugged in. Since the EFI works, you know that the stator is producing power (headlight as well), so the only things left are the switch, wires, and warmers . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page