post #1 of 2 Old 12-15-2019, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
mbr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
1128LE 924121 questions

Hi all, I just got this 1128(LE I think), model # 924121 and I have a couple of question I couldn't find answers to online.
It's in great shape and looks like it was well maintained. The seller said he had a small engine repair guy remove the auger shaft assembly and "service" it. It's a cast iron gear case. He wasn't too sure what was done, but the pinion and gear were not replaced.
I noticed some fresh oil at the bottom of the gear case and checked the level. The filler has a little dipstick on it. I assume you just put the dipstick in the case without screwing it in, and check the level. There was no oil on the stick, but I can see oil inside, so it has oil.
My question is, what oil is used in there? Is it L3? Can I remove the front plate, drain whatever oil is in there, inspect the gears and if ok, replace the plate and refill? Who know what oil this guy put in there.
Also, I removed the bottom plate to inspect the friction plate, chain and the 2 meshing gears next to the chain. What grease is used on those gears and chain?
Lastly, for now, did this model come with the 11hp Snow King engine? Mine has it.
Thanks for any help. I'm sure I'll have more questions later.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-17-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
mbr

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Sorry, didn't mean to double post. My first one didn't post, so I submitted a second one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page