post #1 of 12 Old 02-23-2014, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Ariens model 924024 ?'s

I have an Ariens model 924024, tractor serial # 013312 Scoop # 15423

Does anyone know how old it is? I bought it in 2000. I went through it to the tune of $700.00 3 years ago. We do walkways at a condo complex where we plow. I keep this one as # 3 to back up our newer machines in case 1 goes down. I am thinking of selling it because it just sits and does not get used. I can't seem to put it up for sale because the thing is a tank, it scrapes so good and will go through anything.

When we first started doing these walkways back in the mid 80's I would always look in the want adds for old 60's & 70's Ariens....they used to do the job better than any of the new snowblowers back then. Well those days are long gone and so are all the older Ariens. I am finding it hard to put this machine up for sale because it links me back to the good old days when we first started and old Ariens are all we would use. It works great still but I think it is time to sell it before I can't get any thing for it.

So if anyone knows the year of manufacture
and a ballpark figure of what I should ask for it it would be greatly appreciated......thanks

I will post some pics if I can figure how to do it from my phone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-23-2014, 02:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 29
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 66
I have same model- I think I came to conclusion it is a 1978. Scot may chime in to verify. Value would vary a lot on condition, ect. At this time and in good condition.. I'm thinking $225-$275(maybe 300 if excellent). I'm not good on putting price on something but that would be my margin if were looking at one to buy that old.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-23-2014, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilucas View Post
I have an Ariens model 924024, tractor serial # 013312 Scoop # 15423

Does anyone know how old it is? I bought it in 2000. I went through it to the tune of $700.00 3 years ago. We do walkways at a condo complex where we plow. I keep this one as # 3 to back up our newer machines in case 1 goes down. I am thinking of selling it because it just sits and does not get used. I can't seem to put it up for sale because the thing is a tank, it scrapes so good and will go through anything.

When we first started doing these walkways back in the mid 80's I would always look in the want adds for old 60's & 70's Ariens....they used to do the job better than any of the new snowblowers back then. Well those days are long gone and so are all the older Ariens. I am finding it hard to put this machine up for sale because it links me back to the good old days when we first started and old Ariens are all we would use. It works great still but I think it is time to sell it before I can't get any thing for it.

So if anyone knows the year of manufacture
and a ballpark figure of what I should ask for it it would be greatly appreciated......thanks

I will post some pics if I can figure how to do it from my phone
Here are some pics....it is in great shape!!

post #4 of 12 Old 02-23-2014, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
I have same model- I think I came to conclusion it is a 1978. Scot may chime in to verify. Value would vary a lot on condition, ect. At this time and in good condition.. I'm thinking $225-$275(maybe 300 if excellent). I'm not good on putting price on something but that would be my margin if were looking at one to buy that old.

You are probably right on both calls. A shame to let such a great machine go for so little!!
post #5 of 12 Old 02-23-2014, 03:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Received): 11
Looks to have a 32" bucket, that makes it a slightly harder to find model. Looks like you have a great machine there. FWIW if it were mine I'd keep it.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Retired Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 197
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 251
The last year those handlebars were made was 1979. That scoop style I believe was last used in 1978 so I would say it is from around 1975 - 1978.

Please direct all snow blower questions to the forums and not to me with PMs.
post #7 of 12 Old 02-23-2014, 04:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 29
Likes (Received): 66
I agree with Hjames.. You'd have to 'pry' it out of my hands. awesome machines. I guess if no room.. but I think you'll regret down the road. Try to figure a way to keep- the 32" is getting harder to find anymore for sale.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-23-2014, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I know, Really could not get what is worth, at least to me anyway. They really are great machines! They are tanks!!!
post #9 of 12 Old 09-20-2015, 12:35 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Received): 1
Thumbs up

I wouldnt sell it. I got one just like it & it's my main machine. Mine's a '77

However, I'm sure someone in this forum would love to have it.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-20-2015, 02:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 86
Likes (Given): 241
Likes (Received): 202
Looks very nice, but can those pictures get any smaller?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page