Thought on Ariens Deluxe Track ST28LET (28") 254cc - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-23-2014, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Thought on Ariens Deluxe Track ST28LET (28") 254cc

I just broke down and got a Ariens Deluxe Track ST28LET (28") 254cc from Snowblowers by Jacks. I have to say they were very easy to deal with and I had the new machine at my door 4 days after I ordered it. I had a Toro 824XL that I had for 18 years that had become unreliable last year. It seemed like no mater how I made adjustments to the carborator or to what degree I ran it choked I would in inevitably get to the top of my 1/8th of a mile driveway and it would crap out. I would have to muscle it through the snow back to basement to work on it only to have it happen again. Finally, I said enough and broke down and got the Deluxe Track 28. It was fairly easy to set up but the instruction book that came with it was semi-worthless! After assembly, I plugged it in and it started up on the first push of the button. Turned the choke off and it ran nice and smooth from the start. As others have stated during my research, it was a little tough to turn (at least on dry ground). Unless there is a trick I haven't figure out yet that allows you to lock one track for turning it seems like muscle it left or muscle it right steering? I am very happy that I got the track model this time around. My driveway is very steep. With the Toro going uphill it always wanted to pop a wheelie. It was difficult to clamp down the auger handle and the self propelled handle and have to "pull up" on the handle bars to prevent a wheelie walking up the steep driveway, especially when it was slippery. The new Ariens track model didn't want to pop a wheelie at all which is awesome. Also, somewhere I thought I had read that only the Track 30 models came with handwarmers? For some reason my Track 28 has them which I am thrilled about! It gets cold out on that hill along the shores of the Severn River when there is a cold wind blowing from the NW accross the river! All in all, the Ariens Deluxe Track ST28LET (28") 254cc looks like it is going to be an awesome unit! Can't wait for some snow!!! I haven't seen too many reviews from folks here on the board about the Ariens Deluxe Track ST28LET (28") 254cc specifically (usually more reviews on the wheeled models). I would love to here from some other people who have my exact model. Any gotchas, reviews, good experiences, bad experiences, adjustments that helped performance, etc.. Thanks!!!

Thanks, Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	26689   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0016.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	26697   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	26705  

Last edited by attml; 11-23-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-23-2014, 10:39 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 21
Likes (Received): 25
Welcome...

Here is a video I found of your new Ariens,looks good

2018 Ariens 938025 Professional 21 inch
2018 Ariens 921050 Platinum 369cc SHO 24"
2011 John Deere X728/47" Quick Hitch Snowblower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff
post #3 of 7 Old 11-23-2014, 10:39 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 81
Likes (Received): 39
I'm running a tracked Honda. I find it easier to turn when you put your weight on the back of the hand grips. Takes the pressure off the front of the tracks a bit and makes it easier to turn. Hope this helps.

HS 928 TCD. It's Canadian eh! (Sure I'm done modifying it, for now, until next time.......)
post #4 of 7 Old 11-23-2014, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thank you very much for the replies!

Vmaxed - great video - thanks for sharing!

tinter - thank you for the tip on turning - I will give it a try!

Anybody else - I would love to hear feed back from owners of this model and more videos would be awesome!

Mark
post #5 of 7 Old 11-23-2014, 02:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 111
Thanks (Received): 78
Likes (Given): 353
Likes (Received): 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinter View Post
I'm running a tracked Honda. I find it easier to turn when you put your weight on the back of the hand grips. Takes the pressure off the front of the tracks a bit and makes it easier to turn. Hope this helps.
I had a 8 26 tracked Craftsman for 18 years and all ways turns great with only weight on the back of the tracks, Never had a track come off, just felt like a new one was needed so I went to a red Toro 1128

Last edited by Hanky; 11-23-2014 at 02:34 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 571
Thanks (Received): 742
Likes (Given): 4214
Likes (Received): 1638
Garage
Welcome to the forum Mark

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-24-2014, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for the welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page