LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-27-2015, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Deluxe 28 vs 11538LE

Hey guys, looking for some advice. I've been posting in a few forms getting opinions as I've been searching several used snow blowers. I've finally gotten it narrowed down to 2 machines in my area. Both are Ariens. One is a one year old Deluxe 28 (921030) that was supposedly used only once and is in perfect condition and stored properly. The 2nd unit is an older 11528LE. Serial # is 001958 (if anyone can tell me how to tell model year based on that I'd appreciate it). It's supposedly in very good condition as well. As a matter of fact that owner has 2 for sale, an LE and non-LE. My usage is for a 2 parking area outside of my town house building. Its paved and roughly 100'x25' (give or take a few square feet here or there). I'll be clearing the EOD plow stuff too. I'm in Southwest VA so snow isn't super heavy here but when we do get it we get hit pretty good. I'd say a few moderate snows and a few heavy snows a year. Maybe 5 uses a year or so. If I'm feeling nice and the neighbors chip in I may clean the other building's parking area too which would double that space. I think both of the machines would be ok for my use but looking at the pluses and minuses of each unit what do you guys think?

I've got the owner of the 921030 down to $700 which I think is a fair price considering it still sells new for $1000. The owner of the 11528LE is asking $800 which I think is very high for that unit but of course he has the "obo" up so I'm sure i can haggle that down. The Deluxe is newer of course and has the auto-turn feature but the smaller motor. The 11528LE is more of a pro model but of course is older and it has the remote axle lock which I think will make handling ok.

I'd love to hear opinions/feedback. I've already gotten so much great info from you all on this site and am very appreciative of that. I can't wait to finally own one and set that **** shovel aside!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-27-2015, 03:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 3
I'm assuming the 11528 is a 926002 or 926009. Either way you are looking at a decade old machine. The 11528 is a pro frame, but it's a strippy compared to the Pro's of today...To make it a modern pro it would need the double auger belt kit, the drive belt correction kit, the chute rotation kit, the iron gearbox kit, the 16 inch wheel kit, a 420cc engine, and the autoturn kit. There is also an anti shaft rotation kit and some baffle kits. Plus, being as decade old you'd have to check the scraper bar, skids, and look for paint delamination. If the trigger isn't working properly you'd also may be in store for a trigger cable kit. Other than that it's still a beast and is probably overkill for southern Virginia, you could probably get by with just the belt upgrade and some skids and scraper. I'd want it for down around $500 unless he can prove he's purchased some of the correction kits.

Last edited by HillnGullyRider; 01-27-2015 at 03:05 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-27-2015, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Its a 926102. I read about all the updates/upgrades available particularly the baffle and dual belt kits. the owner has no idea what was done as he got it from a friend going through a divorce and it seems to me hes just trying to flip it.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree i think hes asking too much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page