LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-02-2015, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 1
Much Respect 24" Platinum

Today was the best test of this machine since purchase. I did two driveways and sidewalks here in the Chicago area this morning.
Last year this machine was a huge disappointment to me but i hung in there and after discussions with the company and suggestions from this site i now have a useable machine.
The CRITICAL thing with this (probably all for that matter) is that the setup is paramount to proper operation.....also, IMO is replacing the ineffective skids with proper ones.
The company needs to educate their retailers on proper setup and this would eliminate much grief the end users encounter. Big box stores are another issue?
Anyway i went thru 3 foot drifts and compacted EOD ice and snow banks with no effort and zero tracking issues. These machines do require tweaking to operate properly and i feel that these essentials should not fall upon the end users who might not have the ability to do them.
Anyway i'm now a happy camper.
As a side, i'm assuming that the for -sale ads might be offering good deals on some of these machines whose owners were unable to do the tweaks....?
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes sscotsman liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-02-2015, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 346
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 781
Thanks for the update Joe!
Yes, I bet 90% of the problems that owners of new snowblowers experience, with all brands, can be traced to incorrect or poor setup..and probably most of that poor setup comes from the Big Box stores...

It's a catch-22 for the manufacturers, because people will naturally blame the machine and the manufacturer, even if it technically isnt their fault..but at the same time the manfacturers are forced to work with the Big Boxes in order to stay in business, because that is where most people shop..I don't have a solution..the Big Boxes will always give worse service, that's just a given..I guess all we can do is continue to encourage people to buy from dealers instead..and help people fix the problemsonce they occur..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-02-2015, 12:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
T
The CRITICAL thing with this (probably all for that matter) is that the setup is paramount to proper operation.....also, IMO is replacing the ineffective skids with proper ones.
The company needs to educate their retailers on proper setup and this would eliminate much grief the end users encounter. Big box stores are another issue?
These machines do require tweaking to operate properly and i feel that these essentials should not fall upon the end users who might not have the ability to do them.
Is there a list of the tweaks that you did so that other can use them as a guide?

Thanks.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-02-2015, 04:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscotsman View Post
Thanks for the update Joe!
Yes, I bet 90% of the problems that owners of new snowblowers experience, with all brands, can be traced to incorrect or poor setup..and probably most of that poor setup comes from the Big Box stores...

It's a catch-22 for the manufacturers, because people will naturally blame the machine and the manufacturer, even if it technically isnt their fault..but at the same time the manfacturers are forced to work with the Big Boxes in order to stay in business, because that is where most people shop..I don't have a solution..the Big Boxes will always give worse service, that's just a given..I guess all we can do is continue to encourage people to buy from dealers instead..and help people fix the problemsonce they occur..
100% accurate in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page