LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 02-02-2015, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
1124 Pro Engine Replacement

I am in need of some assistance! I have an Ariens 1124 Pro that is in great shape. I cannot say the same for the 11 HP Tecumseh. I have 2 questions:

1. I can do the legwork, but has anyone found a replacement for this engine that will easily fit on my 1124 Pro? Blower Model Number: 924122 Blower Serial Number: 003565 Tecumseh Engine Model: OHSK110-221735D

2. What brand of motor is the best replacement? If I am going to spend the money, I would like to buy something that is going to last and perform for years to come. I would prefer something in a smaller package than the Predator Engines from Harbor Freight. The old Tecmuseh is pretty small for an 11 HP.

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated, but also time is not on my side. I live in Massachusetts and we are getting hammered with storms lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-02-2015, 02:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 46
Thanks (Received): 70
Likes (Given): 60
Likes (Received): 110
301 CC Predator in horsepower probably would compare very well to the 11hp Tecumseh plus it has the smaller footprint. The 420 cc would be a beast.

Last edited by GustoGuy; 02-02-2015 at 02:49 PM.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-02-2015, 02:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 3
Is that the 318cc OHV? I read an interesting thread on another forum from someone that got to directly talk to a Tecumseh tech when they were still in business..
The 8.5-11.5hp Tecs are all the exact same motor, even the carburetors are the same, The only difference is the "jetting" and the operation speed at full throttle. So if your problem is you are just down on power..It may just be carb issues

Last edited by HillnGullyRider; 02-02-2015 at 03:04 PM.
post #4 of 15 Old 02-02-2015, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillnGullyRider View Post
Is that the 318cc OHV? I read an interesting thread on another forum from someone that got to directly talk to a Tecumseh tech when they were still in business..
The 8.5-11.5hp Tecs are all the exact same motor, even the carburetors are the same, The only difference is the "jetting" and the operation speed at full throttle. So if your problem is you are just down on power..It may just be carb issues

It is less of a power issue and more of a "hole" issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustoGuy View Post
301 CC Predator in horsepower probably would compare very well to the 11hp Tecumseh plus it has the smaller footprint. The 420 cc would be a beast.
Also, I am confident that with some heavy fabrication I could make a Predator fit (and they seem to have great reviews) BUT I was hoping to find something that would line up more easily on the blower. Any suggestions?
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks GustoGuy thanked for this post
post #5 of 15 Old 02-02-2015, 04:38 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 85
Likes (Given): 27
Likes (Received): 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by revv rider View Post
Also, I am confident that with some heavy fabrication I could make a Predator fit (and they seem to have great reviews) BUT I was hoping to find something that would line up more easily on the blower. Any suggestions?
I don't where you're from but there is a nice winter engine 10hp or 15hp made by Ducar
(renowned for their quality) sold by Princess Auto in Canada. If you are close to the border then just reply here and I can give you the link with dimensions and sizing.
Good Luck

Snow Removal Apparatus I own:
Ariens ST1530DLE, and good ole arm powered scrapper.
The 15 HP is a new Ducar engine sold
by Princess Auto in Canada.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-02-2015, 05:09 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 30
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Received): 44
Quote:
I am in need of some assistance! I have an Ariens 1124 Pro that is in great shape. I cannot say the same for the 11 HP Tecumseh. I have 2 questions:

1. I can do the legwork, but has anyone found a replacement for this engine that will easily fit on my 1124 Pro? Blower Model Number: 924122 Blower Serial Number: 003565 Tecumseh Engine Model: OHSK110-221735D

2. What brand of motor is the best replacement? If I am going to spend the money, I would like to buy something that is going to last and perform for years to come. I would prefer something in a smaller package than the Predator Engines from Harbor Freight. The old Tecmuseh is pretty small for an 11 HP.

Any and all responses are greatly appreciated, but also time is not on my side. I live in Massachusetts and we are getting hammered with storms lately.
I'm not familiar with that model is that a 24 inch wide model ? If so I can highly recommend the Predator 301cc, because my Toro is running very strong with one you will just have to make some thin metal shrouds to keep the snow out of the governor. I did a thread on it if you're interested take a peek.

https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...ally-done.html

I am just north of the mass border and definitely we are getting hammered again so I'll have it out later today. I'm going to look up the model of machine you have as it sounds like an excellent machine. The predator that I am running is definitely capable of a larger machine that I have, it's overpowered but I love it

The meltdown is under way ...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

91' Toro Powershift 824/Predator 301cc
05' Toro 3650/ 6.5 RTek
post #7 of 15 Old 02-02-2015, 05:14 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:

I would not imagine it would be a terrible job to put a predator on that, that should not be too much more difficult than any other blower providing you have the right size (1") shaft.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

05' Toro 3650/ 6.5 RTek
post #8 of 15 Old 02-02-2015, 06:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 3
OK, one thing about the 61415 HF predator 301, They don't have E-start or lighting coils like your Tec.
post #9 of 15 Old 02-02-2015, 07:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillnGullyRider View Post
OK, one thing about the 61415 HF predator 301, They don't have E-start or lighting coils like your Tec.
This is true and electric start I would have think would have been nice, but this thing starts on the first pull so far every time with synthetic oil in it. As for the light I had to use an LED bicycle light but it is surprisingly bright so that wasn't an issue for me. The light uses 2 AAA and has a run time of around 20 hours per set. For the amount that I use the machine in the dark it should not be too much of a battery eater. I got the idea because last summer I saw a bicycle coming down the road with a bright LED light on it. when there's a will there's a way.

05' Toro 3650/ 6.5 RTek
post #10 of 15 Old 02-02-2015, 07:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 172
Likes (Received): 28
revv rider, I have the 1128 Pro version. Do you know if it was low on oil or the cause of the apparent rod failure. I have been following this forum for more than 5 years and this is the first hole-in-the-block I have encountered with the OHV version of a Tecumseh engine. I believe this engine series dates back to at least the late 90s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page