New ariens Pro 28 broken weld...not happy - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 02-10-2015, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 18
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 26
New ariens Pro 28 broken weld...not happy

Not Happy, untill I went back to the dealer!

I purchased from the local dealer before the winter.

The Pro 28 has been fabulous, we are getting hammered with snow here in New England and I have moved a ton of snow with it and it has worked great.

Today after another couple hours of use, a weld on the chute broke. The tab that connects the chute to the control.

The weld broke on one side, it was a bad weld, very little penetration. it was held on with another small weld on the other side, but if used the way it was, It would break completely and the chute would fall off. With more snow coming end of the week I thought I was in trouble.

I went to the dealer to talked to them figuring they would want me to leave it for repair.

Well I was wrong, and this is why you buy from a dealer instead of a big box store.

They had me bring it right in, and Instead of leaving it while they waited for the part to come in, they welded it right there so it was useable, and put In a order for a new chute that they will replace under warranty when it comes in.

Last edited by bkwudz; 02-11-2015 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Title
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes stihl066, PixMan liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 347
Likes (Given): 150
Likes (Received): 782
awesome!
yes, you definitely wouldn't get that level of service from a big box!

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 Old 02-11-2015, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscotsman View Post
awesome!
yes, you definitely wouldn't get that level of service from a big box!

Scot
That's what eased the pain a little, I was pretty upset that a 3 month old, $2000 snowblower was out of commission due to nothing more than someone doing a poor job welding the chutes.

You can clearly see the start of the weld not even touching the tab.
post #4 of 23 Old 02-11-2015, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I'll post a picture of the repair they did on the spot. It's pretty impressive .

Keep in mind with the winter we are having , how busy this place is. It's a major hardware store and and power equipment dealer. The guy said they are off the wall, and areins is backed up getting parts out, 1-2 weeks he said.

But they cleaned the area, put two good welds on it, primed, it and painted it to match, all while I waited.

The repair looks so good, and I'm sure it's just as stong or stronger than stock, I I hope they will just give me the part, and I'll save it till it till it needs to be replaced down the road.
post #5 of 23 Old 02-11-2015, 03:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwudz View Post

The repair looks so good, and I'm sure it's just as stong or stronger than stock, I I hope they will just give me the part, and I'll save it till it till it needs to be replaced down the road.
If they give you the new one I'll buy the old one for my old machine.
post #6 of 23 Old 02-11-2015, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Here is the temp repair the dealer did so I could use it while we wait for the part
post #7 of 23 Old 02-11-2015, 06:41 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 28
Thanks (Received): 36
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwudz View Post
Not Happy, untill I went back to the dealer!

I purchased from the local dealer before the winter.

The Pro 28 has been fabulous, we are getting hammered with snow here in New England and I have moved a ton of snow with it and it has worked great.

Today after another couple hours of use, a weld on the chute broke. The tab that connects the chute to the control.

The weld broke on one side, it was a bad weld, very little penetration. it was held on with another small weld on the other side, but if used the way it was, It would break completely and the chute would fall off. With more snow coming end of the week I thought I was in trouble.

I went to the dealer to talked to them figuring they would want me to leave it for repair.

Well I was wrong, and this is why you buy from a dealer instead of a big box store.

They had me bring it right in, and Instead of leaving it while they waited for the part to come in, they welded it right there so it was useable, and put In a order for a new chute that they will replace under warranty when it comes in.
bkwudz -

I'm sorry you had to deal with this issue, but I'm glad your dealer was able to help you on the spot and order the new part for you under warranty. I appreciate you sharing this and would like to notify the District Manager from your area of the great service provided by your dealer.

I definitely reach out to the dealer if there is something they need to change to provide better service for you guys, but in this case it would be good to give them a compliment on a job well done.

If you would care to share this information either in this thread or in a private message, that would be great.

Thanks.

Mary Lyn
post #8 of 23 Old 02-11-2015, 07:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 250
Uh oh. Looks like they got some over spray on that black cover.

It is great that they didn't leave you without a blower though.

Please direct all snow blower questions to the forums and not to me with PMs.
post #9 of 23 Old 02-11-2015, 07:08 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 24
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 33
Dealers

You got awesome service.
post #10 of 23 Old 02-11-2015, 07:14 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 39
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 91
Dealer 10 Ariens -0.0

Kudos to a real dealer that can actually fix and or fabricate what ever it takes to get it back to working.

The factory weld is unacceptable QC should have found that before paint.

When you get the new part just keep it. The repair might be better than the replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page