New homeowner & first snowblower 2014 Ariens Platinum 30 - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 11-11-2013, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
New homeowner & first snowblower 2014 Ariens Platinum 30

Tons of information here, glad to be part of the group. I remember my dad buying a snowblower 12-15 years ago and he did his research. He ended up with an Ariens Professional 24 with Tecumseh engine. That thing hasn't had a problem since he bought it and has plowed through many snowstorms. The blizzard Nemo last year dumped at least 5 ft in front of his house and when he woke up the plows never even made a pass down the street. The town messed up big that storm and lots of people were stuck and many streets never saw a plow. The Ariens did the driveway, and then my dad started doing the street. He was tired of waiting for a plow and that machine put in some work. Anyway now that I have a home and yard to take care of the snowblower was a must buy and I purchased a brand new 2014 Platinum 30 yesterday. This thing looks like it can handle whatever nature is going to through at us this year. Originally looked at the Deluxe 28 but we have a pretty big driveway so the extra size will help but I really like the chute, handwarmers, and the 414cc engine. We shall see how the Ariens AX compares to the B&S over time but I don't seem worried. They seem to put out a great product. Fired right up yesterday and seems awesome. WIsh there was some snow to test it on. Went over the whole machine and all seems well. I'll take pictures and post them soon. Chute turns with ease, although seems to not lock in place on one of the gears or notches. And there is one area on front below the controls ( where it has Ariens logo - gray and orange plate) that seems to be lifting from seam. Tough to explain but picture will show. All in all looks like a great machine. Anyone have experience with this model yet? Might possibly go back to the store just to see how the other chute or front plate look and compare. I am definitely not nervous about snow this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 11-11-2013, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
New homeowner & first snowblower 2014 Ariens Platinum 30-image.jpg
post #3 of 22 Old 11-11-2013, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
post #4 of 22 Old 11-11-2013, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
post #5 of 22 Old 11-11-2013, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like

This picture kind of shows where the plate is separated in two places. One is in the middle the other on the left side looking down
post #6 of 22 Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 52
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 108
Welcome to SBF Topdog! You'll find lots of help here. I have a P24 so it should be similar. There are instructions in your manual for adjusting the chute control, but have you tried turning the handle just a hair in the other direction when you've got the chute pointing where you want to shoot. It seems to kind of lock it in place. If your control panel is the same as mine, the logo is located on a plastic insert. Are you seeing the join between the metal and the plastic? I certainly know how you feel when you say you're waiting for some snow to try it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Larry
Snow Removal Equipment:
2014 Ariens Platinum 24
A collection of shovels that I try to avoid using
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 Old 11-11-2013, 09:21 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 52
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPDOG View Post
Attachment 3913

This picture kind of shows where the plate is separated in two places. One is in the middle the other on the left side looking down
Nope, that's not just the join.

Larry
Snow Removal Equipment:
2014 Ariens Platinum 24
A collection of shovels that I try to avoid using
post #8 of 22 Old 11-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 302
I had to turn them around. I apologize in advance Top She's a beauty!
post #9 of 22 Old 11-11-2013, 11:06 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtclays View Post
I had to turn them around. I apologize in advance Top She's a beauty!
Wait, what? I thought he was hanging his new blower from the ceiling to save on storage space...
post #10 of 22 Old 11-12-2013, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for fixing the pictures I can't figure it out haha. Anyway that piece is just held on by two bolts. I took it off and brought to the dealer and they gave me another piece from another blower and they'll get a replacement piece for that one. Easy fix and bolted the new dash piece on today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page