post #1 of 3 Old 05-04-2011, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 5
Mystery Solved-8524DLE Deluxe Classic

Dear Forum,

So yesterday when I posted a question about an Ariens ST24DLE, I was interested in buying a few year old snowblower from a private owner. All that he could say was that it was the above model and showed me the picture in his driveway. Better would have been if he had simply copied the frame sticker for clarity. (I also did not get the serial # but soon will)

I live 400miles from the seller, so I dispatched my buddy to look and possibly buy the unit.....it was a really decent price and the claim was it was never used! He said it looked new, the guy gave me a great deal and the internet told me that it had some good features but I had no time to research it. Long story short, I bought it.

When my buddy looked at it he said that it was in great shape and the internet says that it is a 2004-8.5 HP Tecumseh with large 16 inch tires, 120Volt starter, light, serrated blades, dual handle interlock for one handed control, quick turn chute, aluminum gear case and a differential Lock-out which offers a choice of positive dual wheel drive or differential drive for easy manueverablity(no tools needed)

Does the last differential facet mean that, like the newer ST24DLE, it auto disengages without "triggers" or do they mean the little ring on the wheel that disables the positraction? This is a neat feature to make it turn easily. Any track record for this beast?

Thanks,
QR

Last edited by Quickrick; 05-04-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-08-2011, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 5
mystery

Well to answer myself,

This is the model the was a predecessor to the ST24DLE Ariens. It has most of the good stuff but the manual wheel unlock device. The idea reminds me of the locker that used to be in the front of every old Ford 4x4 truck on the front hub.

Everyone says that it works just fine and it beats pulling a pin out of an axle.

Once my buddy delivers it next week, I'll post pics.

QR
post #3 of 3 Old 06-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 553
Thanks (Received): 235
Likes (Given): 584
Likes (Received): 604
Sounds good, we'll look forward to seeing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page