Heads up to Ariens owners near Massachusetts - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-21-2015, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 86
Likes (Given): 241
Likes (Received): 202
Heads up to Ariens owners near Massachusetts

I'm not affiliated with the seller in any way. I find these to be interesting and I 've certainly never seen a new one(let alone 8 of them) at this price point:

Clipper Deck for Snowblower

Converts an Ariens 924000 series into a lawnmower.

I'm borrowing a picture that Jackmels posted recently so that you guys have a visual:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-21-2015, 07:45 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 92
Likes (Given): 446
Likes (Received): 148
is this for all 924000 machines? considering most people want 200-300 for a used nearly rotted one it seems like a pretty good deal
post #3 of 5 Old 07-22-2015, 08:03 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 33
Thanks (Received): 37
Likes (Given): 64
Likes (Received): 87
Off topic but my eyes rolled when I saw the guy in the video wearing flip-flops while using the machine. Over-the-ankle boots or at the very least full coverage shoes of some sort should be required for any walk behind mower.

The chances of the machine picking up a stone or other object and whacking it into your feet, ankles or legs are fairly high. Why risk your lower extremities?

On topic, interesting way of keeping machine inventory down and giving your snowblower year round duty. It's probably a low volume item, not well marketed because Ariens would much rather sell you another whole machine.

2015 Ariens Deluxe 28+ 921037, 414cc LCT (now son's)
2014 Ariens Platinum 30 921029, 414cc LCT (mine forever)
post #4 of 5 Old 07-22-2015, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 86
Likes (Given): 241
Likes (Received): 202
My research indicates this is not an offering from Ariens but from a 3rd party company called The Boston Lawnmower Company with the model number likely being The Model # is CD8000 or CD2800.

My guess is that the company either recently liquidated their inventory or went bankrupt. I see some evidence of auctions where there are unsold lots still in boxes on top of pallets:

Clipper deck mower - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

https://www.google.com/search?q=arie...ih=935#imgrc=_

post #5 of 5 Old 07-22-2015, 09:49 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 303
db, I think you're right. I ran it around google a bit and found similar info. I still thinks it's kinda cool. Just wonder that blade size and spindle hook up. The picture makes it look a little flimsy, while the rest looks well over built.
Pixman, ER docs and vascular surgeons actually prefer barefoot mowing. Much easier to clean the wounds and suture. Leather boot encased feet are the worst (post accident) to clean especially if metal eyelets of the boot are not accounted for. X-ray's can reveal them lodged in bone requiring further surgery and treatment. Steel toed ones are worse yet as the laceration of a impromptu step too near the blade is easy to fix compared to cutting and bending of the steel cap off a set of dieing toes. Just FYI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page