Help with brand new Ariens platinum 30 SHO - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 09-14-2015, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 5
Help with brand new Ariens platinum 30 SHO

Hello guys, this is my first post. Today has been a day from **** and I'm hoping
one of you can help me. I spoke with the closest respected Ariens dealer to me. I told the rep that I would like to purchase a Ariens 30 platinum SHO. I made arrangements to be there today at 2pm for pick up. I drove an hour and a half to get there and when I showed up the rep went to check on the snowblower for me and then comes back to tell me they put the wrong one together. They put together a pro 28. I had to wait for them to put a 30 platinum together which was another hour. They finished it and we loaded it on the trailer. I drove back home and when I tried to take it off the trailer the snowblower goes forward while in reverse! I'm beyond disappointed. Is this problem simple troubleshooting that I can do by myself or am I going to have to bring it back to them? I read a little of the manual and I'm wondering if it could be that the speed selector lever needs adjusting? But I wanted to run this by you guys first. I also notice that the speeds in forward all appear to be close to the same speed. 1st gear is definitely faster than what I was expecting. Thanks! Oh, and they didn't give me the power cable for the electric start. Great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-14-2015, 07:19 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 94
If this was me, and I BLEED ORANGE, I would call the dealership, light them up and make them come and either bring it back to the shop, or fix it right in your garage. (I feel if should be put in the service position and have an adjustment made to the friction wheel. Sounds like it is to far to the right of center to me. Easy fix, but you should NOT have to do this)

If the dealership whines or complain's, go direct to Ariens, in a profesional manner, state your case with all the detail. They will see to it is fixed. There was a member here that has issues this past winter with an online purchase and VP Dan Ariens himself got involved. Took a while, but the problem was corrected.

If you need help with contacting Ariens, PM me. I might be able to help this along. No promises, but worth a shot.

Any one seen or hear Mary Ann from Ariens?? (she is a Ariens employee and is a member of the forum)

2014 Ariens Deluxe 30 #921032 w/Armor skids, LED's, Hand warmers.
2015 Ariens Path Pro SS-21 # 938033
2010 Toro 1800 Power curve (electric, for the deck)
2009 Toro Power Shovel (electric, for deck steps)
post #3 of 16 Old 09-14-2015, 07:23 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 36
Thanks (Received): 45
Likes (Given): 65
Likes (Received): 94
Oh,,,,,,,,, Joe P.

Welcome to the forum.

What part of the country you in? Please put that in your signature. General location is all we need. Don't need street address' or that sorta stuff.

2014 Ariens Deluxe 30 #921032 w/Armor skids, LED's, Hand warmers.
2015 Ariens Path Pro SS-21 # 938033
2010 Toro 1800 Power curve (electric, for the deck)
2009 Toro Power Shovel (electric, for deck steps)
post #4 of 16 Old 09-14-2015, 07:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 71
Thanks (Received): 118
Likes (Given): 571
Likes (Received): 270
Hi JoeP welcome to the forum. Yes I'm sure it's a simple adjustment and the Ariens guys here will chime in ASAP. As far as the electric start cord you can use any extension cord but I'm not sure the cord comes standard. Again the Ariens guys will know. BTW nice machine you have there. One of my dream machines is the Ariens 24" Platinum SHO. If you decide to go back to the dealership yourself it seems to me they should reimburse you for your troubles you are having with a brand new machine. A nice snowblower cover or other accessory would help me feel better. Really, the machine should have been tested before it was sold to you. Again glad you found the forum.

2016 Ariens Professional 28
2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
post #5 of 16 Old 09-14-2015, 07:50 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 10
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 24
This kind of stuff should never happen. They put the wrong machine together which made them rush on the correct machine. One mistake causes two..

They should send someone out to your house to fix and test.

I don't believe any starter cord is included, unless it was something the dealership does on its own. Doesn't make sense to force someone to buy an extension cord...

Ariens Platinum 30
post #6 of 16 Old 09-14-2015, 08:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 42
Likes (Received): 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftoff1967 View Post
If this was me, and I BLEED ORANGE, I would call the dealership, light them up and make them come and either bring it back to the shop, or fix it right in your garage. (I feel if should be put in the service position and have an adjustment made to the friction wheel. Sounds like it is to far to the right of center to me. Easy fix, but you should NOT have to do this)

If the dealership whines or complain's, go direct to Ariens, in a profesional manner, state your case with all the detail. They will see to it is fixed. There was a member here that has issues this past winter with an online purchase and VP Dan Ariens himself got involved. Took a while, but the problem was corrected.

If you need help with contacting Ariens, PM me. I might be able to help this along. No promises, but worth a shot.

Any one seen or hear Mary Ann from Ariens?? (she is a Ariens employee and is a member of the forum)
PLUS 1 This is inexcusable, they didn't even fire it up and give it a test run???
post #7 of 16 Old 09-14-2015, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 5
Thanks for the fast replies guys. I Live on the coast in Massachusetts. I agree with all of you. I do feel they rushed my machine because they made the wrong one the first time. I definetly expected a better experience especially after spending $1799. Prior to purchasing I was trying to decide on either a simplicity or Ariens. I have a simplicity dealer 15 minutes away from me. Because they are local a lot of people in my area own them and love them. I also think simplicity are great machines but in the end I decided on Ariens which I'm still confident in my decision. I'm just upset that I drove a hour and a half to give them my business and I feel like I basically got kicked in the pants. I'm calling them bright and early tomorrow. Thanks for at least letting me know that the power chord probably doesn't come with it. The simplicity's I saw had them in a bag attached to the machine so I just assumed Ariens did the same. Thanks again guys and I'll let you know how I make out.
post #8 of 16 Old 09-14-2015, 09:15 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 41
Likes (Given): 42
Likes (Received): 98
I'm sure this will be resolved, still sucks but chit happens.

Post up this winter and let us know how you like it, maybe even a vid when the Nor'easter hits us!!
post #9 of 16 Old 09-14-2015, 09:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 18
That's a really bad first experience. However, you DO have a really nice machine there. I wish I had it. My 24" Deluxe did not come with a power cable, just to let you know.

Everyone else is right though, when you call tomorrow be courteous but firm. Don't take no for an answer. They should come out to the house and fix it on the spot at your convenience.
post #10 of 16 Old 09-15-2015, 08:27 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 71
Thanks (Received): 118
Likes (Given): 571
Likes (Received): 270
JoeP, just wondering which Simplicity model(s) you were looking at? I looked the Simplicity-Snappers very closely before buying and was very close to buying one. In the end I think the Ariens will serve you well.

2016 Ariens Professional 28
2017 Toro Power Clear 721R
2018 Simplicity Select 1024
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page