Ariens 9526DLE chute flange bushing P/N? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-15-2015, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
C10

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 0
Ariens 9526DLE chute flange bushing P/N?

Thought I ordered the right part, but it doesn't fit... Sometime during last winter's string of blizzards, my previously trusty Ariens started having trouble with remote chute control. I assumed it was ice someplace. Finally took the chute apart; turned out the actuation gear had lost a couple of teeth. Also, the locknut had fallen off the cap screw that holds the whole steering assembly together, so the flange bushing had fallen off. Guess they didn't use a Nylock or something. Closest dealer had the gear, and I've got plenty of locknuts. Nobody had the flange bushing in stock, so I made a substitute out of a big old hex nut: drilled out the threads, and used a bench grinder to remove enough metal to make a crude flange. Worked pretty well all winter, though not perfect. Just got around to ordering what I thought was the correct replacement, P/N 05500005. The part I received matches published dimensions, but is too wide to slide into the hole in the sheet-metal frame. Before I ream the hole bigger, can someone here please tell me if there's a different part number I can buy instead? Thanks very much for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-15-2015, 08:35 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 303
C10, I looked up the assembly and that's the part number I found. Don't know what to tell you. I know that model had an update kit for the chute control and gear lock as well as double auger belts and a baffle to keep water out of the tractor assembly. Ariens Kit #52609100 for the chute upgrade. As far as I can tell, this does not include any change to the bushing you are having trouble with. I just wondered if it was a used machine if someone upgraded and changed parts on you, but doesn't seem to be the case.
Part #12 here, right?

Here's the update kit, no bushing included.

Only other thing I can think of is previous owner changed the pedestal (part#17)???? Now if you tell me you're the original owner, 90% of my surmising is out the window
Also,
Post Thanks / Like - 2 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Kiss4aFrog, C10 thanked for this post
Likes C10 liked this post
post #3 of 9 Old 09-15-2015, 08:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 376
Likes (Given): 468
Likes (Received): 483
Could the part be misboxed?, always a possibility.
post #4 of 9 Old 09-15-2015, 09:25 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
I found another pedestal that looks the same, lists a different part number for the flange bushing and dimensions. SoOOOO.....
I guess we should start with the basics. What is the "9" model number of your blower? (92xxxx)
post #5 of 9 Old 09-16-2015, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
C10

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for all the guidance so far.

jtclays: It is Part #12 in the diagram you kindly provided. Machine was new from dealer.

hsblowersfan: I measured all the bushing's dimensions with a vernier caliper, and it exactly matches on part description on several web sites.

jtclays again: Model number is 926017. And now it gets weird: when I look up a parts list for this model on the web, it does not show remote chute direction control, so that part isn't even on the list.

My serial number is ca. 2000. Is it possible that the chute control was a delaer retrofit, or this was a transitional model? I hate to cut away metal to fit the new bushing, and there might be other dimensional probalems afterward.

Really home someone here can help me find the part. I'll try calling Ariens later today, but was warned that they're not so helpful with issues like this.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-16-2015, 08:45 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
On the models that shows as an ST9526DLE, that bushing is #05500124, (pedestal is 00866651, doesn't matter). Parts diagram is the same. Same upgrade kits apply. There is another 9526DLE that shows the bushing part # we both found to be incorrect. My bad for not asking the model first
if you look up the dimension the .448 of the old part we found changes to .384 (.265x.384x.375x1.0)
Part Search Results for 05500124 | PartsTree.com
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/Par...0124/240625/PL
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks C10 thanked for this post
Likes C10 liked this post
post #7 of 9 Old 09-16-2015, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
C10

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtclays View Post
On the models that shows as an ST9526DLE, that bushing is #05500124, ... There is another 9526DLE that shows the bushing part # we both found to be incorrect. ...
if you look up the dimension the .448 of the old part we found changes to .384 (.265x.384x.375x1.0)
Wow - feels like the Twilight Zone. I think you've solved it - size looks about right for the hole. I'll order one immediately.

Thanks so much to jtclays and this great forum!

Wishing you all an easy winter...
post #8 of 9 Old 09-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 591
Thanks (Received): 773
Likes (Given): 4374
Likes (Received): 1743
Garage
Welcome to the forum C10

Let us know if that part works for you (or doesn't)

Might want to add your location to your profile so it pops up with your posts. Location is sometimes important.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-24-2015, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
C10

Post Thanks / Like
Bushin P/N - solved!

First, I just want to comment that having used many other forums (tractors, computers, chainsaws, etc.), Snowblower Forum seems to have about the smoothest and most attractive user interface around. Congratulations to site managers.

Looks like jtclays has it just right. Attached photos show:

- wrong and right bushings (with my hack job in the middle - worked pretty well in a pinch)

- wrong and right side by side

- same after running through FBI cartridge-case comparator (OK, Photoshop).

All back together with plenty of grease and WD-40 on slow- and faster-moving parts. Looking forward to another killer winter. Or maybe not...

BTW, I sent a detailed question to Ariens via their service/support web form. Three days later I got a satisfaction-survey e-mail. But Ariens support never got back to me at all. So thanks again to this great group. Hope my mistake saves somene else some inconvenience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0259a.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	56929   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0261a.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	56937   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0261b.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	56945  

Last edited by C10; 09-25-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page