Snowblower Forum banner

Ariens closest color match

33K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  ctdave 
#1 ·
I will be getting 3 ST tall chute assemblies getting sanblasted and powdercoated, and would like to know what is the closest color match (non Ariens brand) for that.
I've read about Chevy orange engine paint. Just wondering if there is just one tone of it or if there are more. If there are more than one "Chevy orange" what is the color code?
Or if anyone had found a different color match to it.
Thanks.

(To my knowledge there are 3 Ford engine blue tones, therefore my question).

#6 · (Edited)
I don't like the dupli color, the way it sprays and covers. this is the best imho. side to side with the original color its almost an exact match.it also sprays and covers better. also the off white is a color called dover white.again almost an exact match. although I don't like the way it sprays very thin and runs easy. if you notice I have my sb in the living room to finish the final touches on my rebuild/restore. bride not so happy with that.pics coming soon...original color on my 10954 with the rustoleum cap on top. durable, but needs time to fully harden before putting into use. I let it "cure" a few weeks at temps around 70. the reason its in my living room. had to touch up the por15 chevy orange I messed up when I yanked the auger again to replace the gear roll pin

#7 ·
Valspar 4432-03 Allis Chalmers Orange Tractor and Implement Paint

I can't tell a difference with this Valspar paint. Excellent match and the quality of the paint is outstanding with hardener (except the aerosol can be very tempermental to work with).

#8 ·
I bought my touch up in a quart can. My problem area is the impeller fan and the bottom impeller area. Even when I take the auger assembly out, spraying this area is a pain in the dupa. To me, it is a lot easier by brushing it on... and I have more control. There might be some brush marks, but in the impeller area, but who sees it and who really cares? Because it will need to be done again over time. Try spraying that area especially with the augers in the bucket. Taping and masking with news paper? No thanks, I'll do my brush on. I am lucky enough where the outside of my machine is in pretty good shape. And if I have to touch up, how do you do that by spraying it? I tried the spray in to the cap and using a artists brush. Oops... back to the masking off and getting the newspaper... :facepalm_zpsdj194qh

#14 ·
Thanks uberT,
I am planning on getting some parts powder coated, therefore I can not use OE Ariens paint, but a close match.
I may be dropping them off in a few weeks. I will post pics of them when done, so I can get opinions about the result.
The powder coater said Chevy orange engine paint is not a problem, but Allis-Chalmers would be harder, so I am inclined on trying Chevy orange.

#16 ·
Rustoleum Chevy Orange engine enamel (not the Chevy Red-Orange) is the best match to Ariens orange. I used it on my ST1032 restoration and it's pretty much a dead on exact match. I sprayed it over the red/brown primer and it turned out perfectly. You won't be disappointed. I'm very particular with matching colors and I found this is the best route to take.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.