Snowblower Forum banner

Ariens Pro 13 hp, throttle will not turn Snow blower off?

8K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Kiss4aFrog 
#1 ·
My throttle works for high speed but yesterday when I went to shut off motor it just kept idling. I had to put full choke to shut down engine?
What is the problem? I see linkage moving maybe need adjustment on the stop screw?

#3 ·
When you put the throttle all the way down it makes contact (or should) with the green wire that runs to a ground point. If the wire is not touching the throttle lever or is not grounded on the other end it won't be able to ground out the ignition........

#4 ·
Engine will not shut off

When you put the throttle all the way down it makes contact (or should) with the green wire that runs to a ground point. If the wire is not touching the throttle lever or is not grounded on the other end it won't be able to ground out the ignition........
I will try looking at it again and see thanks
Will let you know

#5 ·
The wire is usually green but can be white or black too.

In the photo, red arrow is the "switch" that makes contact and grounds out the ignition coil.

The yellow arrow is the ground wire running down to a screw terminal where it meets with the other wire, blue arrow that runs under the flywheel to the ignition coil.

If any of the wiring comes loose of gets cut then it can't be grounded and will not stop the engine.
If any of the wires get nicked and or grounded then the engine won't have spark and will not start.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
It starts fine but will not shut off? So maybe green wire lose? If I push the throttle down it moves the wire I see. Should I just move the wire by hand to see if shuts off?

Not so much loose as disconnected or broken. Maybe a photo would help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.