"New" Bobcat owner here with some questions - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 04-07-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
"New" Bobcat owner here with some questions

I picked up a non-running Bobcat T7-2-24 on craigslist the other day. I cleaned it up, put a new carb, fuel filter, & hoses on it and it started right up.

I also put new belts on it I got from NAPA by taking the old belts in and measuring them.

A couple of questions.

1. I didn't get it all the way back together yet, but it looks like the impeller spins all the time, is this correct? Do I need to lube the belt/pulley so that it only spins when the handle is engaged?

2. The faster/slower lever doesn't seem to move or do anything. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to pull out and turn or just turn?

3. What is the oil capacity for the engine and the drive mechanism? Both use 5w-20?

4. While running, the impeller hits the side of the housing, but only with one blade. I was thinking of taking a body hammer to it and beating on the housing a bit to try to make room, there isn't much room to swing a hammer in there. Bad idea?

And now some photos for your viewing pleasure:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in