LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 01-04-2014, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
opinions wanted new 24"

have had this snowblower ordered since nov 12 from sears and they haven't delivered it but " promise" it will be in next week...was 1099 but for it for 800 on sale.anyway does anyone have one? can you offer input as to if it was a good purchase? how well does it dig and throw, reliability...im on the fence about keeping it or selling it when i receive it, i got tired of waiting and bought a used honda in the mean time. so im wondering do i keep a 4+ year old honda with no known service history other than somebodys word or keep the brand new craftsman and sell the honda probably for more than i payed for it.

CRAFTSMAN®/MD 24'' Dual-Stage Snowblower With EZ Steer - Sears | Sears Canada

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-04-2014, 10:33 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 196
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 250
I would try to cancel the order for the Craftsman and get your money back.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 354
Likes (Given): 151
Likes (Received): 788
Absolutely keep the Honda..
absolutely dont even buy the Craftsman..cancel cancel cancel..

there is not even any gray area in this decision at all!
its as cut and dry as they come..

You already own a Cadillac..why would you want a Yugo?

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 8 Old 01-05-2014, 12:55 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Received): 1
I got a chance to work on a nearly new 26" Craftsman blower today. I was not impressed.

A friend had fueled up his Craftsman with three year old gas, and it wouldn't start. We got it running after draining the carb and tank. No problem, runs well, and seems to blow strong. But it's the lightweight steel construction that bothered me. Looks great from a distance, but up close you see it's not really made very heavy.

It's only been used maybe a handfull of times, and the bucket is already bent in quite a bit at the bottom. Not sure what happened to bend it, but it's VERY thin steel.

Keep the Honda.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-05-2014, 01:16 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 52
Likes (Given): 266
Likes (Received): 108
Abort Abort Abort!!
I would cancel the ******** and keep the Honda and consider myself lucky to have avoided a painful experience.
JMHO.

Larry
Snow Removal Equipment:
2014 Ariens Platinum 24
A collection of shovels that I try to avoid using
post #6 of 8 Old 01-05-2014, 01:26 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 25
Likes (Received): 18
If I understand critchy, you have a Honda HS724 sitting in the barn that (from another post) appears you have running good now and you are considering keeping a Craftsman you have on order that's late? OMG!!! As others have said, ABORT!!! Get out of this deal any way you need to. You have a one of the most dependable, robust snow blowers ever made in the garage and a cheaply made, historically problematic, poor performer on order...

In the Barn:
1985 Honda HS80
1994 Honda HS621
1992 Toro Powerlite

post #7 of 8 Old 01-05-2014, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
thought i responded here....iv really got a taste of the honda now and im really likeing it...the craftsman was bought on a credit card, which i have completely paid off...so ill sell the craftsman and put the money in my saving to offset the honda a bit..well mostly really....there are no snowblowers in this city to buy..i tried, even the rust bucket used ones are sold in a day...i dont know how i lucked into the honda to be honest. but i shouldnt have any issue selling a new snowblower that hasnt even seen gas.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-05-2014, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
my uncle is the one that got me into a craftsman, he has a 2002 (i think) 10.5/30...had it since new...pulled it out of the shed last fall and primed and went first full....i thought that was pretty good...he went on to buy this years model of the same machine and i liked that one as well so i order the craftsman.that being said his does have the briggs 16.5 engine. and mine has the china crap. ill stick with the honda i think...starting to grow on me already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page