Snowblower Forum banner

Craftsman 5/23 536.884810 Looking for tracks

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  skutflut 
#1 ·
When I bought my home it came with an 18 year old tracked snow blower. (Craftsman 5/23 536.884810)
It was always stored inside and it is really unstoppable. Always starts easily and climbs or goes through anything I point it at.

I noticed that the tracks were getting a lot of cracks and have been trying to find a pair of replacement tracks Part# 90009724. Of course they are discontinued through Sears.

Anyone out there have a pair of tracks to sell? or a DEAD 5/23 with good tracks on it?

I bought a pair of tracks off EBay and they were the wrong model... groan... I will have them up for sale shortly.

#8 ·
Thanks.
Yes, I believe that is what I will have to do.

Now, suggestions on where to source the wheels, size, etc.

-Mark-
Typically most track blowers have a comparable wheeled model. Look for something similar and see what's on them. Other option is the old 'tape measure' method. Take the machine, pull one track and block the unit up then just start measuring and see what you come up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.