Take a good look at the before picture of the one I did, yours looks to be in a whole lot better condition than mine was. I had dents in the auger housing I took out, a considerable amount of surface rust, damaged sprockets, a motor whose carb and internals were rusted beyond belief. Thing was with some serious planning for it to come together. I even had to pull the commutator out of the engine so there was that retiming too. Needless to say it all came together, not quick but worked very well by the time I got done. Even split the auger/drive controls from a single to dual controls.
That's why I offered the doc, hopefully there's a lot of good stuff that might be helpful.