I've restored a 536.882700 blower that was in really sad condition when I got it in the past. It's a sound structure, very well built machine but totally abused when I got it. I documented what I did to disassemble it and rebuild it, it was one really sad case when I bought it. In fact I bought it for the electric starter and planned to part it out, but decided to rebuild it instead. There was virtually no area in this blower or engine that I didn't touch, everything was in really sad (rusty or broken) state when I got it but it turned out well in the end. Even the engine was salvageable when I got done, and it's unbelievable how bad it looked when I initially got it.
The last digit of the model number apparently depends on whether the unit came with an electric starter or not when purchased from what I can tell.
I do have a doc on the machine as I went through it if you're interested in a copy along with a doc on what I do to get auger rakes that are rusted onto the auger shaft off. I have them both in pdf and doc format (the machine rebuild along with one on getting rusted auger rakes off). If interested, send me a pm with your email address and I can send you a copy of each of them if interested.
I have to admit getting the auger rakes off can be a problem. typically I use a combination of penetrant, heat and pressure to get them loose. I also made some special tools to help shock them and hopefully break the rust loose between the rakes and the shaft. One thing I do is once they're off, clean and paint the shaft then coat them with anti-seize to help reduce the chance of them rusting solid again (this model blower does have a full width auger shaft in it).
Last edited by HCBPH; 12-25-2017 at 08:02 AM.