LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 01-22-2018, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 3
No movement

I have a Craftsman 944.522444 snowblower, When I engage the drive handle I get no movement at all, I removed the bottom housing and on the right side of the friction(drive) plate I see a spring only connected on one end, I cannot see where it should be reattached and the drive parts does not show where it would attach. Would this be the sole reason I have no drive ? Where does it attach?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-22-2018, 01:40 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 54
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 50
Likes (Received): 148
pics would help, a spring only connected on one end is not doing its job, what that job is idk , could be for the swing plate, but pics would help

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spring1.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	127273  

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by vinnycom; 01-22-2018 at 01:48 PM.
post #3 of 17 Old 01-22-2018, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks, but this site says I cannot post attachments to my posts??
post #4 of 17 Old 01-22-2018, 01:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 3
Likes (Received): 30
Quote:
You need ten posts before that is allowed.

There's just one thing I'll guarantee , the best things in life, they sure AIN'T FREE !!

88 Craftsman II Trac-Plus 10/32 [wheeled conversion]
71 Ariens SnoThro 6/24 [Predator 6.5 repower]
72 Ariens SnoThro 6/24 with original Tecumseh H60
7? Ariens Tractor with rotary mower attachment [Tecumseh HSK100 repower]
post #5 of 17 Old 01-22-2018, 01:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaton View Post
i added a pic to my previous post.
just say hi 10 times in different threads than u can post pics

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

post #6 of 17 Old 01-22-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
The spring seems to be higher than the ones you have in that picture, connected to a small plate that appears to be in the belt compartment.
post #7 of 17 Old 01-22-2018, 02:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
could be your idle spring tensioner

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spring4.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	467.4 KB
ID:	127297  

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

Last edited by vinnycom; 01-22-2018 at 02:02 PM.
post #8 of 17 Old 01-22-2018, 02:15 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 31
Likes (Received): 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaton View Post
I have a Craftsman 944.522444 snowblower, When I engage the drive handle I get no movement at all, I removed the bottom housing and on the right side of the friction(drive) plate I see a spring only connected on one end, I cannot see where it should be reattached and the drive parts does not show where it would attach. Would this be the sole reason I have no drive ? Where does it attach?
i would try adjusting the drive cable they tend to stretch. if you follow it down you will see a rubber boot you should be able to unhook the cable from the handle and make it shorter. try that

Toro snow commander 7hp RTEK ...honda HS720 GC190 OHC
Toro ccr3650 6.5hp RTEK ....Ariens sno-tek 26" 208cc LCT
Ariens st824 924082 HMSK 80 ....Ariens path pro 136cc
post #9 of 17 Old 01-22-2018, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
images

Thanks , that may be it for the spring, but would the idler spring cause the snowblower not to move?? doesn't make sense.
When I try to posy an image it asks for the url but I do not have the pictures on a site just on my laptop, am I missing something, lol
post #10 of 17 Old 01-22-2018, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
I have tried that but to no avail, I am wondering if maybe that idler spring would be the culprit, would that cause the belt to slip when I suppress that drive handle and engage the friction wheel /drive plate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page