post #1 of 3 Old 02-20-2019, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Need advice on Craftsman 7HP

Hi,

Newbie to the forum here - and in purchasing a 2 stage snowblower for that matter. Currently I a single stage 21" Toro snow thrower and although it runs good, it is just not big enough for some of the snow fall we've been getting this year. Also, since it is not self propelled it is getting to be too much of a workout for me.

I have a shot at getting a Craftsman model: 247.88370.0. It has a 7HP Tecumseh engine, 26 inch cut and it has a joystick chute control. The guy is asking $400 but says is "willing to negotiate". Is this a good, reliable snowblower? What about the price - if he says "willing to negotiate" what should I offer him?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-20-2019, 01:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 31
Thanks (Received): 14
Likes (Given): 67
Likes (Received): 15
Welcome to the forum!
IT may be a bit more helpful in describing the kind of terrain you need to blow hilly/flat paved etc.. Perhaps the length of the driveway walks etc. would be a bit more helpful for those with more knowledge about those machines in helping you.
Did you see the machine or have any pictures? Do you know the history how hard or hours its been used?
I repaired and tested a 7 hp 26 inch craftsman , and I must say it was a good workhorse. I also must say I preferred my Arien 8 hp at 24 inches for doing my 80 plus foot driveway.

Ariens Deluxe28+ AX414cc
Ariens ST824
Ariens 1970
Toro 724
Honda HS521
Cub cadet SS
Snowbird
post #3 of 3 Old 02-20-2019, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Here is the machine - I haven't looked at it yet or know anything about it. I have a normal concrete driveway - not sure the length and some standard sidewalk to snow blow.

https://fargo.craigslist.org/for/d/w...822694619.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in