post #1 of 10 Old 02-15-2015, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
Craftsman 536.90510 Manual/Specs?

Hey all,

I have a Craftsman 536.90510 and I'm looking for either a owner/service manual or someone who knows the proper procedure for adjusting the drive linkage. I had to take it apart and I didn't get it back together properly. It will go forward and backwards, but it won't go into neutral anymore.

Also wondering if anyone knows how old these are? I saw somewhere that they were made in the 70's?

Almost everything is discontinued or superseded at the sears parts site.

Anyone know what oil to use in the auger gearbox? I heard 30wt non-detergent somewhere...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-15-2015, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 680
Likes (Given): 3834
Likes (Received): 1474
Garage
Craftsman isn't helpful when it comes to age. Usually the best you can do is hope it's the original engine and take the engine numbers and see what year the engine is.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-15-2015, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
One of my main concerns is adjusting the drive linkage. The engine manual won't help there, but I appreciate the suggestion. I'll try that and see if I can get it to run.

I'm having a hard time getting the darn thing to start, I'm tempted to just replace the motor anyways!

I do find it weird though that some model numbers "smaller" than mine go to snowblowers that are only a couple years old! Mine is definitely more than a couple years old!
post #4 of 10 Old 02-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 680
Likes (Given): 3834
Likes (Received): 1474
Garage
" Also wondering if anyone knows how old these are? I saw somewhere that they were made in the 70's? "

I was replying to this part of your question. I understand the engine manual won't have information about the snow blower itself that's way it wasn't suggested. Using the engine numbers to try and get a close idea of what year machine you have is what I said in the reply.

I did try to find info on your machine but I couldn't find a source for a manual for your model number.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks chillman88 thanked for this post
post #5 of 10 Old 02-15-2015, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss4aFrog View Post
" Also wondering if anyone knows how old these are? I saw somewhere that they were made in the 70's? "

I was replying to this part of your question. I understand the engine manual won't have information about the snow blower itself that's way it wasn't suggested. Using the engine numbers to try and get a close idea of what year machine you have is what I said in the reply.
Ahh... Gotcha. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss4aFrog View Post
I did try to find info on your machine but I couldn't find a source for a manual for your model number.
Yeah you and me both! Ususally I can come up with SOMETHING! Thanks for trying though!
post #6 of 10 Old 02-16-2015, 02:55 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 137
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillman88 View Post
Hey all,

I have a Craftsman 536.90510 and I'm looking for either a owner/service manual or someone who knows the proper procedure for adjusting the drive linkage. I had to take it apart and I didn't get it back together properly. It will go forward and backwards, but it won't go into neutral anymore.
I've got one for a 536.90515, might be close enough. Shoot me your email and I'll send it along.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks chillman88 thanked for this post
post #7 of 10 Old 02-16-2015, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCBPH View Post
I've got one for a 536.90515, might be close enough. Shoot me your email and I'll send it along.
PM Sent, Thanks!
post #8 of 10 Old 02-18-2015, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCBPH View Post
Updating the thread, this manual looks exactly like my model and will work perfect. If anyone else needs a copy of this in the future let me know!

In case anyone is reading this to help them, the manual says 5w-20 for the crankcase (it says you can use 5w-30)

It also says the auger gearbox takes SAE-30

Thanks!
post #9 of 10 Old 01-24-2018, 12:51 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
I realize this is an old string but I'm trying to work on a 536 90510 as well with several issues. Would love a manual!
post #10 of 10 Old 01-24-2018, 06:35 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 137
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by delorian View Post
I realize this is an old string but I'm trying to work on a 536 90510 as well with several issues. Would love a manual!

Shoot me a PM with your email address and I can send the pdf. If you start a thread with your issues, may be able to help you with your issues the manual doesn't cover. I will pass along one tip now, relating to the friction disc. You can't find a replacement as they're no longer available but all is not lost. I don't remember the part number but I found one for a Toro that had the right overall characteristics. It did require a little drilling and lathe work to make it fit. You have to open up the center hole a little on the lathe and redrill the holes for mounting but it will work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page