How old is my 536.887000 - link to manual? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-08-2015, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
How old is my 536.887000 - link to manual?

Got a craftsman 536.887000 but I can't figure out the age. Also, is it possible to find a copy of the manual online? I just want to dig in and try to electric start convert this beast for when its cold cold cold.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-08-2015, 11:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 236
Thanks (Received): 276
Likes (Given): 2803
Likes (Received): 506
Hello Larry. The manual is available for download from Sears.
http://lawn-garden.needmanual.com/cr...trd=a2daa0d89a

Don't know the age. If you look on top of the recoil shroud just in front of the spark plug, there will be numbers stamped into the sheet metal.
Your numbers will be HM100-159140m followed by four more numbers such as 5321. The first number (5) will indicate the year by decades, such as 198(5), 199(5), 200(5). You will have to guess when it was made. Looking at the tread pattern of your tires, I would guess it is a 1980's machine???

Looking at the pictures from your other post, the serial number appears to start with a (7). My uneducated guess would be a 1987 model.???

Toro 8/24 (38080) 1989
Toro 421-QZE (38585) 2008 (Gone)
Toro 721-QZR (38741) 2015 (Hemi Predator Power)

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Last edited by Grunt; 11-08-2015 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Add Info
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Kiss4aFrog liked this post
post #3 of 5 Old 01-01-2016, 03:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 13
Likes (Received): 2
Grunt would you be able to guess the year of my 26 inch craftsman I have a pic with sticker on bottom of machine with model and serial number I too am looking for a used manual already downloaded one from sears online
post #4 of 5 Old 01-02-2016, 07:00 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 137
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaziesariens View Post
Grunt would you be able to guess the year of my 26 inch craftsman I have a pic with sticker on bottom of machine with model and serial number I too am looking for a used manual already downloaded one from sears online
If you have an owners manual for your machine, usually on the last page there is a copyright statement. That will usually give a possible 'beginning' date for that model. For example, for the 536.887990 model the date shown is 10/99 so around that time I expect Sears started selling that model. As noted, the engine (if it's still the original one) may give you a lead on the age of the unit.

If you post a thread on your model along with a picture requesting a manual there are folks out there that can help. I have a pdf on that one I noted though it's a 9 HP 29" unit. Many times there are manuals out there that may have enough info that applies to your machine that might help.
In particular the older ones with the Tecumseh transmission were probably sold for 20+ years under multiple model numbers so more than 1 manual may work out for you.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks kaziesariens thanked for this post
Likes Grunt, kaziesariens liked this post
post #5 of 5 Old 01-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 680
Likes (Given): 3834
Likes (Received): 1474
Garage
Larry, the best way for the electric start is to post the number of the engine you have. That way it doesn't matter if it's the original or a replacement someone can look up and recommend the correct starter for the engine you have.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page