Snowblower Forum banner

cub cadet 933 swe

9K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  tom1707 
#1 ·
I just bought this. It's got some paint issues but good otherwise. No-one seems to have anything to say about it. It's got the 16" impeller that I've sometimes seen referenced as a unicorn. Any comments anyone has about this machine, pro or con? Model 31ah9p7i710

#5 ·
"unicorn" refers to a hard (or very hard) to find item, in this case a walk behind snowblower with a 16" impeller. Yamaha "Ricky" snowblowers are also referred as one as there are very few of them available to buy. A service manual for that Yamaha "Ricky" is been referred as a "unicorn" as it is definitely very hard to find......

#7 ·
school bus yellow for like you have or old cat eqipment yellow is dead on for the almost orange yellow.

9hp tech, is it a 2009 machine?
tad late here also .flurring right now and the real vets day is saturday day when we have been hit hard before, so anyday now

#10 ·
Had an MTD large frame Yard Machine with the 16 inch impeller. It could really huff snow a long way. Impressive indeed. Bigger impeller will give more distance and turns faster at the end of the blades, with all else equal. With an impeller kit it could handle slushy crap pretty decent. Bought it new and kept it 12 yrs. Got rid of it when I upgraded to Hondas.

#12 ·
re: Cub Cadet SWE 933

Ours has served well for 15 years. When I moved and had to store it outside for the summer, I covered it and parked it on a pallet with weed barrier stapled to the bottom of the pallet first, so air can circulate and prevent rust. Holes drilled in the pallet were useful for hold down ties for the small tarp I purchased for that purpose.

One must not expect miracles, it likes a low speed crawl in the deeper drifts.

Only always without exception run non-ethanol high test gas and change oil frequently.

Each year, on a hot summer day, wash it, start it up, let it run a bit, engage the augers, shut it down, consider changing the oil, plug, and lubricate. Touch up the paint with a brush. We have salt on our roads here, and the paint has peeled badly over the years. I have used mu 3 inch grinder and a light touch to remove old paint, then Rustoleum primer and cub paint Good to start it up, run a bit, shut down, and lube some more. I usually use White Lithium grease.

After purchasing CUB chute and tunnel spray lube, I purchased inexpensive waxy furniture spray from bargain store and spray the on surfaces on a hot summer day and wipe it on with a rag.

On level ground, with the help of another, rotate the thrower 90 degrees (So the handles are straight up), so it rests on it's "mouth"
The bottom of the housing can then be properly cleaned and waxed. This is also the service position to replace worn friction wheel in transmission.

I am currently considering purchase of replacement carb due to wear. (11/2019)

Next time I purchase, I plan on returning to Airens. As my needs have changed, I will also reduce width from 33 to 24 inches

CHEERS, TR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.