LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-15-2017, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
2017 Cub Cadet 2X 26

Just bought this Cub for $658.00 I think I got one **** of a deal! Any feedback from owners of this machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	118537  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-17-2017, 08:16 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 27
Thanks (Received): 13
Likes (Given): 33
Likes (Received): 37
I've been looking at the same machine. Agreed, an amazing price. The only thing I do not like is that there appears to be no fuel shut off valve, or any "real estate" available to install one. To me, this is inexcusable. The Chinese B&S engines and even the cheapest Predators that you can buy at Harbor Freight have one. I may be mistaken, so perhaps you can check the machine, manual, etc. and let the group know. Thanks in advance.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-17-2017, 11:58 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 1
I know people like to trash MTD/Cub Cadet products but you can get some amazing deals. At the end of last season, I got a 2016 model 30" 420CC 3X CC for $1000 Canadian (around $825 US) including tax and delivery. A comparable Ariens or Honda would be 2 to 3 times more expensive. I tested it out in the most recent snow storm and am quite happy with its performance. Maintained and kept in a garage or shed, I see no reason I wont get 20 years out of it. There is no fuel shut off but use stabilizer or run it empty at the end of the season.

Last edited by jtw1979; 12-17-2017 at 12:33 PM.
post #4 of 11 Old 12-17-2017, 01:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 183
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 55
Likes (Received): 45
Those are both excellent prices, especially that 3x for a thousand cdn. They look like 1/2 price deals. Did you get them from a local dealer or a big box store?
post #5 of 11 Old 12-17-2017, 06:31 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney View Post
Those are both excellent prices, especially that 3x for a thousand cdn. They look like 1/2 price deals. Did you get them from a local dealer or a big box store?
I bought mine at Lowes. Originally i got a display 26" 3X with 357CC engine but upon arrival the tank leaked so they took it back. They didnt have anymore in stock so gave me the next model up which was the 30" 420CC I ended up with instead. In the meantime they were having a no tax event that saved me the extra 13%. (Sales tax here in Ontario is that high) Worked out in my favor....this blower was normally $1899+ tax when not on sale. A comparable 30" HD model at a dealer would have probably been about that much if not over $2k here.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-19-2017, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Got mine on eBay and the shipping was free so it was a no brainer at that price it was open an open box special
post #7 of 11 Old 12-19-2017, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Iíve always ran the gas out of mine at the end of the season. Has anyone installed the impeller kit modification to help with the heavy wet slush/snow?
post #8 of 11 Old 12-19-2017, 10:22 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 63
I've got a 2007 Cub Cadet 524 SWE I bought used 2 years ago. It was owned by an engineer who did zero maintenance on it, go figure! It was stored outside uncovered. It still had the original sparkplug. He couldn't remember when he last changed the oil and it looked like it! He lived near me (Syracuse NY) so I know he used it a lot (average snowfall here is 120"). After some of the usual maintenance and a little TLC like greasing and oiling I've used it without a problem or any major repairs but a new impellor bearing. It's rusty everywhere including the wheels being rusted on but everything still works, even the power steering that I can't get to for lubrication. Seeing as this was a $100 machine I'll just run it until it dies or I get in a better position financially to buy a new one. I can only imagine how well it would work and how long it would last if it had been taken care of!
post #9 of 11 Old 12-19-2017, 10:59 AM

Post Thanks / Like
I keep mine in the shed during summer months, garage in the winter. Leaving it out in the elements all the time is rough. You would have hoped he at least kept a tarp over it but guess not!

Last edited by jtw1979; 12-19-2017 at 11:11 AM.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-01-2018, 12:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 4
Just bought a 3X 26 with steel chute at HomeDepot - the last one available in New England apparently. Replacing a 20 year old Toro PowerMax 828 which was a beast and just worked; however, things began to wear out that were somewhat expensive so I'm trying out the Cub Cadet. The only issues I've seen after doing even more research is with the shear pins in the accelerators - have any of you had any issues with shear pins? It's possible that a bad batch of shear pins were produced as well. Thoughts?? Have not had a chance to use it yet but there's a potential storm later this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in