No Gas shutoff on 2017 2X26 Any ideas how to install one - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 12-20-2017, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
No Gas shutoff on 2017 2X26 Any ideas how to install one

Looking for some ideas how to install a gas shutoff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-20-2017, 06:27 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 20
Thanks (Received): 53
Likes (Given): 40
Likes (Received): 94
WELCOME to the site

photo's of the motor don't show much room to place one.
post #3 of 18 Old 12-20-2017, 07:24 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 4
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 13
I've cut through the plastic cover, added elbows and a shut-off. A real PITA to do. Is the problem a leaking needle and seat or you are in fear of it leaking in the garage and filling the space with explosive fumes?
Most of my customers buy a plastic tray, similar to one used for muddy boots and shoes, and place it under the thrower to contain any oil leaks or fuel leaks. You MUST check the dipstick every time you use the thrower as any leaks past the needle and seat may end up in the crankcase which with an electric start will hydraulic your rings and break them. When a non-electric start engine is almost impossible to pull, it means 99% of the time that fuel has entered the cylinder and crankcase. Any dipstick that is past full and smells like gas has a leaking needle and seat and it must be addressed.

Anything can be done, just add time and money to the equation, and the fact that it will look Rube Goldberged too.
post #4 of 18 Old 12-20-2017, 07:44 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 124
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 166
While a fuel shut off valve is definitely a nice feature to have. I would not worry too much about adding one. If you either drain the tank/run it dry at the end of the season and always use a quality stabilizer like Star Tron or Marine Stabil (probably don't have to run it dry I sometimes don't, another method is to keep the fuel tank full to avoid moisture build-up when storing). I have a 15 year old Briggs Vanguard engine on my lawn tractor it doesn't have a fuel shut off. Knock on wood, using 87 octane gas and what I mentioned above, have not had any fuel related issues with the carb.

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO w/369cc carbureted LCT motor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 18 Old 12-20-2017, 08:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Given): 42
Likes (Received): 80
Garage
Google in line fuel shut off Briggs there is a very small shutoff on Amazon for $5.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10C578F2-94D0-43BA-B532-CA8C1A455433.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	119401  
post #6 of 18 Old 12-20-2017, 09:14 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 21
Thanks (Received): 63
Likes (Given): 254
Likes (Received): 239
I like having a shutoff, I run it dry after every use. I also run stable in all the gas I put in. That is until it snows weekly, then I don't bother, but could be weeks between snow here, so I do that as a precaution.

I added one to my last blower for this reason.

Are there pictures of the engine that can be posted? Who makes a 2X26?......never mind it's Cub Cadet. Looking for pics now.
post #7 of 18 Old 12-20-2017, 10:13 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 25
Likes (Received): 97
In 2011 when I bought my 21m214 Briggs And Straton or my repower, it didn't have a fuel shut off. So I installed one before I mounted it. It wasn't hard, but just a little time consuming because I had to a few trial runs to cut the correct amount of fuel line so that the shut off would sit correctly in place. It is well worth having.
post #8 of 18 Old 12-20-2017, 10:26 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 53
Likes (Given): 105
Likes (Received): 72
Is this the machine?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Cub-Cade...-HP/301852617\

Probably a Loncin or LCT engine.

I thought they came with a fuel shut off.???? I guess they are looking for cost savings now. It was mounted in the plastic housing.

Current machines
Ariens 926LE

Yard Machine 22" upgraded with 6.5 HP Predator

Last edited by Toro-8-2-4; 12-20-2017 at 10:33 AM.
post #9 of 18 Old 12-20-2017, 10:56 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 1
I can tell you my 2016 CC 3X 420CC doesnt have a fuel shut off valve. It would be easy to add but you would probably have to trim the engine shroud. I will just drain the gas and run it empty at the end of the season. I would wait till the warranty is up to add the shut off valve personally. The Powermore engines are Chinese, made by Zongshen.
post #10 of 18 Old 12-21-2017, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Thanks for all of the ideas and comments. Think I will wait until end of warranty period. All have a great Christmas and a heathy New Year!!!
Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in