post #1 of 6 Old 01-23-2018, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 11
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 8
Garage
Where are Cub Cadet's assembled?

Is the shop in the Midwest somewhere, like MTD's Ohio headquarters?

I understand the motors are shipped in a crate from the assembly-line from China, just wondering where the machines themselves are put together and tested before going out to dealers. Thanks!

"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?" -J. B. Priestley

My Garage: Snapper 5/22 (dead,) 2017 Cub Cadet 2x 28"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-23-2018, 07:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 124
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 167
I believe that they are assembled in the same factory close to Cleveland in OH. There are differences of course between Cubs quality and Yardman, but they are all similar painted in different colors whether Yardman, MTD, Cub Cadet, Troy-Bilt, Craftsman any other brands they manufacture for. BTW J.B. Priestley was spot on, too bad it looks like another mild winter here so far. Good luck and keep us posted, have you narrowed it down at this point?

http://www.mtdproducts.com/equipment...10500_20500_-1

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO w/369cc carbureted LCT motor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks RickDangerous thanked for this post
post #3 of 6 Old 01-24-2018, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
So basically these aren't any less American than Ariens, whose engines are also made in China? Good to know!

I'm surprised there are no pictures of their manufacturing facility on their website. You think they would promote that a bit more these days.

"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?" -J. B. Priestley

post #4 of 6 Old 01-24-2018, 04:00 PM

Location: Magnetic Hill, New Brunswick Canada Average snowfall (111.0'')282.0cms
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 19
Likes (Received): 530
Cub Cadet: Built in America

''Never drive faster than your guardian ANGEL can fly''
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes RickDangerous liked this post
post #5 of 6 Old 02-01-2018, 04:39 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 219
Thanks (Received): 8
Likes (Given): 56
Likes (Received): 46
They actually claim some "Canadian Advantage" as well.

BUILT FOR CANADIANS.
SUPPORTED BY CANADIANS.
Engineered and built in North America, Cub Cadet is the standard for Canadians who want products that are carefully, thoughtfully, and purposefully designed around people. When you buy Cub Cadet you're backed by our Canadian Advantage, which includes outdoor power equipment that is engineered and tested in Canada, bilingual customer service support, and a nationwide network of 1,100 Service Dealers.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-07-2018, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Sweet. I'm happy to support anything made in Canada as well, just as much as the USA really because I know it's a western democracy where people are being compensated properly.

It's Mexico that I view as the China of North American manufacturing and try to avoid as much as possible...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in