Are there other 60/70's International Cub Cadet branded Ariens 10,000 series blowers - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-28-2014, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
Are there other 60/70's International Cub Cadet branded Ariens 10,000 series blowers

I haven't come across any of these before. Wondering if anyone has one and has parts info on them.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-30-2014, 09:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 139
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 326
Blowers

Check Sscotsman's website. Pretty sure there were.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-01-2014, 10:13 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 79
I have a Cadet 268 just purchased locally. It needed a good deal of work, had been sitting for decades, but the darn thing still RAN after all that time, and had spark. It had a blown head gasket above the exhaust valve, rusted gas tank, carb plugged with white dust gasoline residue, and chipped teeth on the auger driven gear in the auger gear box. The seals were shot in the gear box, leaked all the oil out. It also had a sticking auger clutch because the splines were twisted on the main shaft from torque. Believe it or not, I fixed all these problems, it runs like a champ, and I didn't even pull the flywheel yet, it had spark from day one- and still has the old spark plug in it. I'm waitingfor ONE auger box seal and it will be back in service. I love this machine ! What I like about it is, 8HP but relatively light and easy to move around. Unlike the Gilson I tried, weighed a ton and would not budge without it running, and was only 5HP.

The Cadet has thicker auger shafts than an Ariens, it's like an Ariens that someone went through, lightened up some parts on, and made some other areas stronger. It has a CAST IRON auger driven gear, not the bronze sacrificial gear. This one had 3 chipped off teeth, and 3 other slightly damaged teeth. I had them welded up with TIG Nickel weld material, and machined down to form gear teeeth again, it's fixed.

the seal should arrive today or Monday.

I too am looking for parts or spare machines, because I intend on running this a long time. A new blower is $1000 for 8HP anything decent, and one built as good as this, would be $2000. This is all made in USA, not crappy Chinese tin.

PARTS you can get bearings, seals, racers from the Cub Cadet dealer, and on Ebay, you need the part numbers, some have changed. The owners manual and shop manual are online free of charge to view. Many of the parts are discontinued but if you have part numbers, you can search for obsolete NOS parts.

You have to be a scrounger and mechanically inclined to run an old machine like that, because you have to reconstruct it and make due when you can't find parts.

Last edited by greatwhitebuffalo; 03-01-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in