LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-12-2019, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Frozen elevation cables

Has anyone had an issue with frozen snow chute cables on their 3x Cubs? My 3x 30HD freezes up after each use. Ive had the cables replaced with the same results. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
to SBF WI Banditman

The model and serial number of a photo would be helpful to understand how the cable is situated.
Is there or a need for a rubber boot at each end? Is there one there now? Is the cable looped down or does it come up over the top?
Have you ever lubed it in the off season?

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-12-2019, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss4aFrog View Post
to SBF WI Banditman

The model and serial number of a photo would be helpful to understand how the cable is situated.
Is there or a need for a rubber boot at each end? Is there one there now? Is the cable looped down or does it come up over the top?
Have you ever lubed it in the off season?

Sorry, I dont have the Serial on hand. but it is a 3x 30HD I purchased it new in December of 2017. Ive tried lubing the cables which was no help. I had the cables replaced at the dealer and they froze up on the way home. It was -10 when I picked it up. I called Cub Cadet and they told me they had never heard of this problem and there was nothing they could do and didnt have any siggestions for me. UGH!!! Even the dealer doesnt have any good suggestions on what to do. As for the rubber boot, it looks like there is a plastic plug at the end but no rubber boots. The cable loops down under the engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in