LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-26-2019, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
1333 SWE auger driveshaft

I have a 1333 SWE with a bad auger driveshaft. The shaft spun in the impeller bearing and wore the shaft down to the point of being unuseable. Part # 711-1133. Other large frame MTD's used this same shaft. I checked ebay but the only thing I can find is a new one for $150 but I was hoping to find a used one for cheaper. I don't know what else I'm going to find when I tear the gearbox apart. I only intend on doing this job once, so I'm going to replace anything that's wearing out. Could wind up being an expensive fix if I have to replace anything in there as well. If anyone has a good used shaft that they would sell me, let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by snowdevil64; 02-26-2019 at 11:48 PM. Reason: spelling error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-27-2019, 03:03 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 35
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 84
Du you have the dimensions of the shaft?? I have a few new complete gear boxes and shafts, but don't know the part numbers. I had bought a bunch of NOS pieces.....

Or, how about a parts machine?? Those tubs rot out fairly often, and many seem to be neglected and abused. Maybe a cheap investment.

GLuck, Jay
post #3 of 3 Old 02-27-2019, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 1
This is a larger machine than your typical mtd's. It has a 16" impeller and larger gearbox. I don't have the shaft completely removed yet so these measurements are approximate. The shaft is 7/8" diameter and looks to be about 15-18" long. The pulley/impeller end of the shaft is not splined like it is on the 12" impeller mtd's. It's smooth with a keway slot. The gearbox has a grease fitting on it also. I would buy a parts machine if I could find one but these machines are rare. If you do find one they're usually in good shape and expensive. If by some stroke of luck you or someone else has one, I would be grateful. Let me know if you do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page