LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-02-2016, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Cub Cadet 2x or3x 26 inch snowblower

Hello all I am looking for a new Cub Cadet Snowblower I am looking at the 2x 28wide or the 3x 26wide blower I see so many Different Reviews Saying the 3x much Better then the 2x But the 3x uses a lot of Shear pins??? Or did they fix the shear pin problems??Just curious what People on these forums Think Is the 3x Really that much Better or is it a gimmick and should i stay with 2x?? i live on a main road also and they say the 3x will help out with the plow snow at end of driveway!! i just want to hear some feedback on here with people who own them!! THANKS GUYS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-02-2016, 08:05 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 84
Thanks (Received): 69
Likes (Given): 298
Likes (Received): 133
Stick with time tested 2 stage, million have and they work just fine.

2014,TORO 1128 OXE Power Max HD
post #3 of 4 Old 10-02-2016, 09:47 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 124
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 166
I agree with Hanky, the "3 stage" is more or less a marketing gimmick. Adding an additional external impeller and claiming to reinvent the wheel. I'm sure it will work pretty well on a plow pile but with trade offs (like having to be fed shear pins). Some people like them, some people believe they are only good in bigger storms and tend to push and scatter the snow.

The 2 best U.S. Manufacturers (I know this is arguable). Ariens and Honda don't have "3 stage" offerings. I would go with one of Cub Cadet's 277cc 2 stage 28 inch machines you will likely be better off.
As you probably know they are currently offering 10% off on their website.

All the best.

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO w/369cc carbureted LCT motor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Cardo111; 10-02-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Hanky liked this post
post #4 of 4 Old 10-03-2016, 07:42 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Lightbulb "HD" 3x movingsnow.com said OK

I've been researching this issue about Cub Cadet shear pins closely since I bought a heavy duty (HD) 28" 3x Late Feb. I'm looking forward to hearing more from other HD 3x owners. This last season you'll see complaints about broken shear pins on the box store versions with poly chutes. I can only say that my - HD - 3x Cub worked well in its only test so far based on a 4" storm w/ moderately wet snow. On movingsnow.com in rechecking this shear pin issue yesterday, Paul said in a reply comment that the problem is with the 2015-2016 box-store 3x units, those with the poly chutes -- not the dealer steel chutes. He said the - HD - units with the wider, steel chutes do not have the shear pin problem. I'm taking some stock in Paul's comment as Cub Cadet is doubling down on the 3x technology 2016-2017 , so to speak, since they introduced their pro series line up for a Pro 3x 30" and 34" unit with both a 2" larger impeller and auger. That said, I can offer a good HD 3x review, but only based on a 4" storm from late February. Best.

Last edited by JustSnow; 10-03-2016 at 09:03 PM. Reason: verified 34" wide unit. (origional post said 33" or 34")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page