Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 679
Likes (Given): 3830
Likes (Received): 1472
Garage
Antique (or old) Eska SS MN, $300

This caught my eye because I have one my cousin gave me sitting out in the shed I was getting ready to get rid of. I didn't know it was a near priceless family "air loom" I should save for my children Then again maybe they'll find that Eska collector looking to fill out his collection and this is the one he just has to have. No matter what, leaving it out in the snow is just criminal

And they're asking $300 https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/h...014257509.html

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes classiccat liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-28-2017, 09:18 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 63
Smile

You should buy it Brother Frog! Then you'd have two, the beginning of a collection.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-28-2017, 12:48 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 341
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1095
300 is a little high if you ask me. back in the early 70's my Dad had one. most I would go would be 100.00 just because it would sit around and take up space and collect Dust. if you read the ad more closely they still use it every now and then. that pic was for a photo op.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 7 Old 03-28-2017, 06:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 37
Likes (Received): 14
post #5 of 7 Old 03-28-2017, 07:01 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 38
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 63
My 2 cents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSHIFT93 View Post
300 is a little high if you ask me. back in the early 70's my Dad had one. most I would go would be 100.00 just because it would sit around and take up space and collect Dust. if you read the ad more closely they still use it every now and then. that pic was for a photo op.
Yes that may be pricey when I see another poster shows one for $60! Maybe the guy thinks it's a collectable. It is rare I imagine so I guess you charge what you think it's worth as opposed to what it's capable of.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-28-2017, 07:41 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
I find it interesting that he shows an add for it at $249 and it looks like $193 on the invoice. Wants 1 1/2 times what he paid for it.

eta: and the guy selling the one for $60 gets mad when he sees people selling old snowblowers for $300

Last edited by luteplayers; 03-28-2017 at 08:11 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-28-2017, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 679
Likes (Given): 3830
Likes (Received): 1472
Garage
I was going to put mine at the end of the driveway with a please take it sign. Just gave away a 2 stroke SS I don't have time for. I have a pair of early '70s 32" Ariens and JD's so getting a pair of these really isn't anything I'm interested in. I lost (stolen) a 32" Craftsman DriftBreaker 3 stage so I only have one and that's more what I'm looking for if I'm turning into a collector and most of those have all been under $50 bucks with one of the Ariens being a blown block freebee as I was first to get there !! Would love to find another cheap (relative) 1332 PowerShift so I can be like Todd/PowerShift93 with a brothers of destruction but for me the jewel of my collection is the stolen, factory prototype 828 Subaru powered PowerShift. So for me at least, this (Eska) guy is just junk and even at sixty bucks I don't want a SS that's going to take the stones from my driveway and pelt my cars and home !!. Now if it was a Jari or especially a Jacobs. I'm so kicking myself for not getting the Jacobs that came up last fall .... It's such a cool and exclusive machine but they wouldn't give me a price and I was broke (unemployed) so I don't know where it went.

I so want to find that self propelled blower again and I'm also looking for one of their wind generators. They are still in business. Original Company | Jacobs Wind Electric

The Jacobs was like a power driven Homko only bigger with balls !!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	160130 Toro 828 Power Shift prototype plate 1a.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	103442  

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes classiccat liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page