Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums (https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/)
-   eBay Auction and Craigslist Links Section (https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/ebay-auction-craigslist-links-section/)
-   -   Toro 1132 - Colorado Springs - FREE !!! (https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/ebay-auction-craigslist-links-section/116322-toro-1132-colorado-springs-free.html)

russkat 08-06-2017 07:41 PM

Toro 1132 - Colorado Springs - FREE !!!

YSHSfan 08-07-2017 08:58 AM

Diiiid you grab it......?
I would if I was close.

POWERSHIFT93 08-07-2017 10:08 AM

I would suck that baby up in a NEW YORK Minute. if it was not out there in the rocky mountain high.

russkat 08-07-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YSHSfan (Post 1264226)
Diiiid you grab it......?
I would if I was close.

No, a 32" is too big for my narrow sidewalks and besides, having more than one snowblower would just be silly !

YSHSfan 08-07-2017 01:37 PM

Russkat, in that case, get it, fix it, sell it. That'll be my plan.......

cpchriste 08-07-2017 03:07 PM

I came here to get some advice on the Toro I picked up yesterday - and here it is!
This one seems in good shape aside from a declared carb issue. I'd like to put a starter on it but can only find 12v models and that's all that's listed in the parts catalog. Are there 120v starters around that fit?
Now I need to brush up on cleaning briggs carbs.

YSHSfan 08-07-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpchriste (Post 1264290)
I came here to get some advice on the Toro I picked up yesterday - and here it is!
This one seems in good shape aside from a declared carb issue. I'd like to put a starter on it but can only find 12v models and that's all that's listed in the parts catalog. Are there 120v starters around that fit?
Now I need to brush up on cleaning briggs carbs.

Good for you....!!!! :icon-clapping-smile

Probably PS93 has some good advice on the 120V starter that'll fit on it.

cpchriste 11-07-2017 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just cleaning up a couple threads I forgot to finish - - -

I did manage to fit a modern 120v starter to the beast, picture attached. I had to make an adapter plate of AL to make a new bolt pattern and to properly space the starter. I also had to raise the tank to allow clearance.
With proper tools and measurements the job wouldn't have been difficult to do.

While in the middle of that I did find an original 120v old bolt-up is available but the price was $150 used [and hard to find]

russkat 11-07-2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpchriste (Post 1320465)
Just cleaning up a couple threads I forgot to finish - - -

I did manage to fit a modern 120v starter to the beast, picture attached. I had to make an adapter plate of AL to make a new bolt pattern and to properly space the starter. I also had to raise the tank to allow clearance.
With proper tools and measurements the job wouldn't have been difficult to do.

While in the middle of that I did find an original 120v old bolt-up is available but the price was $150 used [and hard to find]

Now we just need some snow at the lower elevations...