Snowblower Forum banner

VERY expensive Toro

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Kiss4aFrog 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah except he says this is the first model made, besides being rebuilt, it should command a premium price. But how much?I

Guess Toro already has one, or two, on display?

#5 ·
Some people think there must be a strong collector market for antique snowblowers, like there is for classic cars or even tractors..

There isnt..

Yes, there are people who collect them, but they are SO rare that they virtually dont exist..
There might be two Toro collectors who would be willing to pay up to $400 for one of these in good condition..but they live hundreds of miles away, and its almost never worth it to ship an old snowblower. 99.999% of used snowblower sales are local pickup.

Is there someone local to this machine who wants it? Maybe..but there could be none. And if there is one, he has no competition! ;) demand is low, which means value is low.

I would say this is worth $200 tops. The seller is simply delusional.

Scot

#7 ·
It's worth what someone will pay, and there's a nutbag out there who will pay for anything. He's not selling a snowblower per se' he's selling nostalgia, history, etc.. I'm sure there's a movie company or something that needs a prop. I don't know if he gets it, but selling nostalgia is profitable, selling a snowblower isn't.

#10 ·
Kind of like Medieval tire chains LOL

Reactions: vmax29
#11 ·
The reason I think it's a bit wishful if not slightly crazy is it wouldn't take that much to make this one shinny too. I could buy it and pay someone to do it for me and still be way, way under that asking price.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/grd/d/vintage-50s-toro-snow-hound/6404569278.html

I'm not sure if it's because we're close to where the Toro plant used to be that these shop up fairly often but in this area it isn't that odd to see one up for sale most of the time.
If he really had it outside Toro headquarters I'm sure at least a couple people asked how much and told him he might be reaching a bit too high.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.