LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 08-19-2018, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 98
Thanks (Received): 156
Likes (Given): 313
Likes (Received): 621
Unusual Powershift FS

I know it's Virtually Impossible to Sell Anything here, But Here's One I Just Acquired from Longterm Hibernation. Powershift with Subaru Engine. It's Pretty Clean, and Runs Great. Have it listed on CL for $250, 1/2 Price to a Member, $125 Never Seen One with this engine. Runs Like a Honda...
https://worcester.craigslist.org/grd...675377037.html

Last edited by Jackmels; 08-19-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-19-2018, 04:49 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 348
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1142
That is a MITSY Engine on there.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 16 Old 08-19-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Whatever....
post #4 of 16 Old 08-19-2018, 05:35 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 87
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 215
Jack

I think that you are one great person. You are quite asset to this forum, and your offer to take $125 less than your asking price to any forum member supports my thoughts. At $125, I feel that this is a tremendous deal, and I think that you should sell it with the caveat that no would should be allowed to flip it for a profit, because I think that it could easily be done.

I wish you were a bit closer as i would like to meet you, and see the 'vette of yours !

Rit
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 5 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Jackmels thanked for this post
Likes gibbs296, micah68kj, Jackmels, dbert, Rooskie liked this post
post #5 of 16 Old 08-20-2018, 10:22 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 654
Thanks (Received): 163
Likes (Given): 1022
Likes (Received): 1062
Garage
you get sales this time of year? you probably could get your asking price easily in a couple more months?

I just gave another blower away ( a hs 55 for the wrap around deck ) to a lady with 3 kids that she cant control. I was tired of seeing her shovel all the time while her teenagers stayed inside playing on their iphones.

the 55 had the seized motor , Jack , that i picked up cheap. with your advice on freeing it up , got it running and it just needed some general servicing to be ready. I thought i could not sell considering the motor was seized and I was not sure how it would perform long term so i figured on keeping it for my deck or giving it away.

So, ya , Jack helped me so I am just passing it along.

feels good.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Grunt, gibbs296, Jackmels liked this post
post #6 of 16 Old 08-20-2018, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
My two cents is don't sell it to a member as the engine parts are no longer available. At least for the 8hp but since Mitsubishi pulled small engine production back in the late eighties I'm sure the 6hp parts are NLA too. It could be more grief to someone who comes back after buying it should the engine break and they find out it's not fixable. I have the factory prototype for the 828 model with the G711P engine and I searched everywhere including Mitsubishi here in America and having a member in Japan try to track down a head gasket with no luck. As long as it's running it's a great machine but anything goes wrong with anything on that Mitsubishi and it's a re-power.

So it may seem a great deal and a nice offering but it all depends on how well and how long the engine holds up. I finally broke down and have a new B&S 11.50 awaiting transplant.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	160130 Toro 828 Power Shift prototype plate 1a.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	146397   Click image for larger version

Name:	160130 Toro 828 Power Shift engine front 1a.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	146399  

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
post #7 of 16 Old 08-20-2018, 02:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 161
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 571
Even with an obsolete engine...that is a smoking deal! A $99 Predator would solve any engine problems down the road, and that Mitsi engine will probably live longer the any one of us.....
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Jackmels, Rooskie liked this post
post #8 of 16 Old 08-20-2018, 03:52 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 17
Likes (Given): 36
Likes (Received): 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss4aFrog View Post
My two cents is don't sell it to a member as the engine parts are no longer available. At least for the 8hp but since Mitsubishi pulled small engine production back in the late eighties I'm sure the 6hp parts are NLA too. It could be more grief to someone who comes back after buying it should the engine break and they find out it's not fixable. I have the factory prototype for the 828 model with the G711P engine and I searched everywhere including Mitsubishi here in America and having a member in Japan try to track down a head gasket with no luck. As long as it's running it's a great machine but anything goes wrong with anything on that Mitsubishi and it's a re-power.

So it may seem a great deal and a nice offering but it all depends on how well and how long the engine holds up. I finally broke down and have a new B&S 11.50 awaiting transplant.

im surprised you have not tried to maker your own head gasket honestly. i bet some exhaust gasket paper would work
post #9 of 16 Old 08-20-2018, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
Well, mine didn't but like I said it's just my two cents after spending a lot of time trying to find a source for parts, including something on someone's dusty back shelf.
You also have to remember for "us" to toss on a Predator might be a couple hours in the garage one night but for someone from Craigs or Ebay it might be a hundred $$ or two extra for someone's labor to do it for them if they don't have the skills, tools or room.
Just a heads up so a seller doesn't have someone coming back at them if something goes bad.

I've played with the idea of cutting a gasket but wanted to try for an OEM quality one with a fire ring.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
post #10 of 16 Old 08-20-2018, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
That Engine Runs Good, and I'm Not Concerned in the Least if Anyone buys it and has Problems. I Offer Everyone My Famous 5-5 Warranty. Five Years or Five Minutes, Whichever Comes First.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes orangputeh liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page