post #1 of 38 Old 06-14-2016, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 553
Thanks (Received): 234
Likes (Given): 584
Likes (Received): 604
Toro 1132 in the U.P. for $250

Is this worth a look? If nothing else, Muldoon's has great pasties, so it might be worth a drive to look at it.

Toro 1132 Snowblower

I'm pretty much retired from the forum thing, but I check in every now and then.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes classiccat liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 06-15-2016, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 332
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 750
If you are into vintage Toros, that one looks really nice..
and its big too!
I would say $250 is a good deal..

Scot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 38 Old 06-15-2016, 03:29 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 82
Likes (Given): 56
Likes (Received): 247
Ditto! Go get it!
post #4 of 38 Old 06-16-2016, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
I gave them a call and left a message. We'll see if they call back.

I'm pretty much retired from the forum thing, but I check in every now and then.
post #5 of 38 Old 06-16-2016, 01:53 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 127
Likes (Received): 277
Yeah - built like a tank...... nice one.

I am deathly allergic to shovels!

post #6 of 38 Old 06-16-2016, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 509
Thanks (Received): 680
Likes (Given): 3834
Likes (Received): 1474
Garage
Nice and clean for it's age. Let us know how the haggling goes.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
post #7 of 38 Old 06-17-2016, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
The lister called me back and I'm going to go look at it Monday. Since he says the price is firm, I don't imagine there will be a lot of haggling.

Thing is, much as I dislike the idea, I'm going to be putting my old Suburban with it's snow thrower attachment up for sale. My dream is to get down to one tractor that does it all, and more than the ones I have now can do. Right now I have the Suburban that I've used to move snow, and a Honda H4514 that I use to mow with. This Toro would be a replacement for the Suburban until I find that dream machine to replace everything with. My HS622, that I really like and that works great on my city drive, might not be the best choice up north on a big gravel drive. I don't think I want to spend the time it would take clearing with the little 22" Honda so it's most likely going to be going up for sale too.

post #8 of 38 Old 06-20-2016, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Well, I went and looked at it. There was one obvious thing about it that was different from the manual I had looked at. It is supposed to have two levers, one on either handle, that act as safeties. If it is in gear or the auger is running, you have to have your hand on at least one of those levers. If you let go of both, it is supposed to shut down.

The lever on the right is missing, and the one on the left has been taped so as to imitate the presence of an operator.

Anyway, other than that, it started right up on the first pull and all the functions worked as they should, though a little stiff.

He said he was firm on the price of $250 in his ad. I offered $200. He countered with $225 and said he had received four calls on it after I called. Hmmm....time to pull the old I have to check with the wife card.

After some more discussion he said he'd take $200.00 so we loaded it up.

Boy, this thing is heavy! After I got it home and with some effort got it out of the truck, I began giving it the once over to really see what it needs.

So, it has a new home and a list of needed belts, oils, nuts and bolts is being composed.

Pictures and follow up later.

Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Zavie, classiccat liked this post
post #9 of 38 Old 06-21-2016, 12:37 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 480
Thanks (Received): 342
Likes (Given): 290
Likes (Received): 1117
MAZEL TOV on that 1 there. BROTHER U.P. LETS me know if you need any help with it.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #10 of 38 Old 06-21-2016, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks buddy. It seems that other than a few adjustments that were a bit out of whack, and that missing safety thing, there were only two other things I found that need, or needed attention. If anybody has a line on the interlock levers, springs and all the assorted stuff that goes with that system, let me know. I'd like to get this part of it back into operation

There were two of those bolts with the square heads on them, the kind that are usually used to hold a pulley in place, laying loose in the bottom of the belly pan.

The other thing that really needs to be taken care of is a spring that is supposed to be attached to the shift lever. Not only would it help keep tension on the drive wheel, it is supposed to pull this thing out of reverse when you let go of the shift lever. Without it, it stays in reverse and could run your hind end over if you were to trip while backing up. Another good reason to have those safety interlock switches functioning. I learned that this thing will try to climb almost anything that comes in its path today. The spring is on order.

I accidentally separated the tractor from the auger section today while changing the belts. Darn thing weighs in somewhere around 300 pounds according to the owner's manual, and getting it to sit just so like the manual suggests while changing the belts isn't easy. But in the process, I found where those two bolts were supposed to be. They came from the auger pulley, and are now safely and tightly back where they were intended to be.

So, the belts were really in need of being replaced. The drive one especially because it was starting to split badly and the auger belt showed some pretty good signs of wear too. I have a new spark plug, but right now my socket for that size isn't here. One of those is on my list to get too. 48 oz of fresh engine oil to replace the old black stuff that was in it, which wasn't near 48 oz. Fresh oil in the gear box. A general go over to see if anything else was missing or not as it should be.

It did have electric start, but somewhere along the line somebody overheated it, so it's toast.

It needs some more clean up from oil that looks like the owner spilled time and time again when filling it. It's all down the front of the engine, around the pulleys, and pooled in the belly pan.

Pictures will be coming when I've got it all back together and cleaned up.

Last edited by bwdbrn1; 06-21-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page