Price assistance on selling an Ariens Pro - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 01-07-2017, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 1
Price assistance on selling an Ariens Pro

I am toying with the idea of selling my 2011 Ariens Pro 26 (model 926037), and getting a new Pro 28. After purchasing my 26, I recommended the Pro series to a close friend. His wife was furious at the cost, but after the record snowfalls where they live, she has thanked me multiple times for the recommendation. He loves the 28. I am jealous. The extra 115 cc are coveted by me.

My Pro 26 was only used at my first home for a 1 car wide, 3 car long driveway, and the home we moved to with a 2 car wide, 2 car deep driveway. No sidewalks at both homes. It was always stored in the garage, and maintenance was done annually:. It wasn't used in 2012 due to living in an apartment between homes. It is in excellent condition. I have a Toro CCR3650 and LawnBoy 720E which I use for the less than 6" snowfalls. While I don't need the 28, I want it...

Any thoughts on what the machine could fetch? I live outside Hartford CT, for weather reference. It will be getting used today for sure! Thanks in advance.

Ariens Professional 26
LawnBoy 720E
Toro CCR3650

Last edited by govenatorx; 01-07-2017 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 61
Thanks (Received): 336
Likes (Given): 148
Likes (Received): 762
2 cars wide and 2 cars deep? If that's really all you have to clear, that a really small driveway, and you don't even need the 26, let alone a 28! my opinion: you already have waaay more snowblower power than you will ever need, and a high quality machine that will last you the rest of your life..why mess with success?

Scot
post #3 of 11 Old 01-07-2017, 06:18 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 6
Likes (Given): 35
Likes (Received): 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by govenatorx View Post
and maintenance was done anally.
post #4 of 11 Old 01-07-2017, 06:27 PM

Location: nova scotia-south shore - ave annual snowfall 199.4 cm ( 78.5 ")
Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 73
Thanks (Received): 157
Likes (Given): 358
Likes (Received): 591
Garage
"maintenance was done anally".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD in NJ View Post
lol.....some people are very anal about maintaining their equipment.......proctologists especially ! astrologists also !

24 " 1967? Ariens Sno thro
28 " Ariens Sno Tek
Toro CCR ss
1966 Gravely LI Walk behind with dog eater

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-07-2017, 06:41 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 8
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Given): 2
Likes (Received): 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcove View Post
"maintenance was done anally".
Lol
post #6 of 11 Old 01-07-2017, 06:46 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 161
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 568
It's hard to sell a used blower to recoup the initial cost as people either want a NEW blower or a CHEAP blower. Nothing in between. I would keep that blower and make do.....and if you REALLY had to have that bigger blower...keep them both.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Kiss4aFrog liked this post
post #7 of 11 Old 01-07-2017, 06:58 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 5
Likes (Given): 5
Likes (Received): 10
What you have is plenty of snowblower for what you are clearing.If you have the extra bucks and just want the new machine.Hey! just go for it.I live outside New Haven Ct and have a Deluxe 28 and it went through the last 2 winters without a hicup.I just installed the heated handgrips and can't wait to use them. Safe Blowing
PS. It's snowing right now About 5in and still coming down. Start em up boys!!

Last edited by pdesjr; 01-07-2017 at 07:01 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
BUT . . . it's not a matter of need. He's saying he want's the bigger machine like his neighbor has.

I think your best bet is to check out other Ariens on Craigslist in your area and price accordingly. How much of a loss you're willing to take depends on how bad you want those extra 2 inches and 115 cc's.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Likes jrom liked this post
post #9 of 11 Old 01-07-2017, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 1
I am just awesome......... by the time I logged back in, the error was corrected. Much thanks!

I know the 26 is more than I need, but that isn't the question. I live by the concept that no one ever said I wish I had less power. That, and I cannot afford to take longer than I have to to dig out as I can't call in late to work.

Frog, you understand my point, and appreciate you not telling me that I don't need it. I also am hoping to help dig my family out every once in a while too, so the extra power will push through faster, albeit only a few minutes faster.... I guess craigslist it shall be.

Ariens Professional 26
LawnBoy 720E
Toro CCR3650
post #10 of 11 Old 01-07-2017, 11:27 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 52
Thanks (Received): 124
Likes (Given): 78
Likes (Received): 167
This is a good time to sell. I would start out asking about $950. I sold a Deluxe 28 that I thought was underpowered when working the plow pile. It was a 2014 model sold it winter 2015 for about $860. a day before a storm was forecasted. The new Pro 28 is a sweet machine with the beefy new handlebars and the 420cc Briggs. I would put it on Craigslist and Letgo. Good luck selling your current machine and please post some pics after you take delivery of the new one.

Ariens Platinum 24 SHO w/369cc carbureted LCT motor

Likes Kiss4aFrog liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page