Which Blower Would Be Good For Commercial Use? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 01-21-2017, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 654
Thanks (Received): 163
Likes (Given): 1020
Likes (Received): 1062
Garage
Which Blower Would Be Good For Commercial Use?

With all the recent storms up here in th Sierras I have been getting extra work blowing people's driveways.

Have been turning down some lucrative drives because I only have a HS624. So I can only do 3-4 drives in a day and then I am exhausted. However I only paid $500 for this 4 years ago and it pays for itself every 2-3 days.

My neighbor has an Ariens 11 horse and it seems like he breezes thru his drive.

Should I get a bigger Honda or maybe a 11 horse Ariens or is there something better out there for under 3k that can handle heavy use?

Thanks everyone in advance.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 01-21-2017, 10:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 1
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 6
Likes (Received): 19
Honda, hands down, there's no debate on which machine is better IMO, assuming they fixed the chute collar. For $3200 I'd go with the HSS1332AT unless you need something smaller. If you're looking for a commercial machine Honda and Yamaha are at the top.

Honda HS1332AT and ATD Model Info | Two-stage 32" Snow Blower | Honda Snow Blowers

YAMAHA YS624 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GregNL; 01-21-2017 at 10:26 PM.
post #3 of 31 Old 01-21-2017, 10:25 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangputeh View Post
With all the recent storms up here in th Sierras I have been getting extra work blowing people's driveways.

Have been turning down some lucrative drives because I only have a HS624. So I can only do 3-4 drives in a day and then I am exhausted. However I only paid $500 for this 4 years ago and it pays for itself every 2-3 days.

My neighbor has an Ariens 11 horse and it seems like he breezes thru his drive.

Should I get a bigger Honda or maybe a 11 horse Ariens or is there something better out there for under 3k that can handle heavy use?

Thanks everyone in advance.
Hi there. You'll need to fill in the blanks for us here to give you some direction. What and how much snow do you have to deal with ? Are you transporting this between jobs ? What do the drives look like, gravel/ paved ? incline/flat ? Do you have a budget ? ......
post #4 of 31 Old 01-21-2017, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 510
Thanks (Received): 681
Likes (Given): 3844
Likes (Received): 1478
Garage
I'd go with the Honda if price isn't an issue or an Ariens if it is. Before you go with a 32" you might want to look at what you're considering will be your jobs. I have 32"s and they are wonderful for the 400 foot drive but they can be a problem in tight places or narrow walkways. Nothing says you can't have the 32" to cut thru the big stuff and a second smaller one, maybe a SS for tighter places. You also want to make sure the 32" fits through your doorway if you need to pass through one for storage.

Make sure the windows are up before the snow plow goes by !!

Please help keep the lights on by subscribing:
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks ltbenji thanked for this post
post #5 of 31 Old 01-21-2017, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 654
Thanks (Received): 163
Likes (Given): 1020
Likes (Received): 1062
Garage
[QUOTE=all3939;1161913]Hi there. You'll need to fill in the blanks for us here to give you some direction. What and how much snow do you have to deal with ? Are you transporting this between jobs ? What do the drives look like, gravel/ paved ? incline/flat ? Do you have a budget ? ......[/QUOTE

Ok, I see what you mean. All the drives are paved and fairly straight. Not too long. I haven't measured them but each one takes about an hour or hour and half including the berm.

With a 32" I could cut that time considerably. Nothing too tight.

3 of the drives are on my street so I just run it from garage. One I have to transport about a mile. I do foresee transporting to more jobs because people recommend me to others and I have had to turn down work.

The most I would have to transport would be about a mile each way since we have over 400 homes in my small neighborhood.

I have had tracked Honda's but I really like the 624 with wheels. It does maneuver better than the 828 I used to have.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #6 of 31 Old 01-21-2017, 11:51 PM
JnC

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 58
Thanks (Received): 128
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 171
The 624 may be easy to maneuver but a wider more powerful machine would cut your time in half, if not more. I loved my custom 924 but once I used the 1132 I knew there was no turning back.

Id get a tracked 928 or 828 if I was you, not sure how far this one is from you but i'd check it out, seems like a good price for this time of the year.

https://reno.craigslist.org/grd/5960665422.html
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks orangputeh thanked for this post
post #7 of 31 Old 01-22-2017, 07:49 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 375
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnC View Post
Id get a tracked 928 or 828 if I was you, not sure how far this one is from you but i'd check it out, seems like a good price for this time of the year.

https://reno.craigslist.org/grd/5960665422.html
It seems pretty clean overall, except for the impeller housing repair or reinforcement that had been done to it. Why was it done? Did gravel use tore the housing? Was the repair done properly?

post #8 of 31 Old 01-22-2017, 09:15 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Received): 26
Garage
Cool

Please correct me if I'm wrong, tracked blowers can not be moved unless they are running. The tracks require power to move them.

Let It Snow
Toro 928 HD OHXE
Sent from my desk top using a key board.
post #9 of 31 Old 01-22-2017, 09:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 9
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Received): 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong, tracked blowers can not be moved unless they are running. The tracks require power to move them.

I think I saw a thread on this here somewhere.
post #10 of 31 Old 01-22-2017, 09:23 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 139
Likes (Given): 14
Likes (Received): 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

In addition to that, I've worked on a Craftsman tracked unit before. The tracks on at least that one have a tendency to rust up in the drive or tracks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page