Snowblower Forum banner

Best time to buy?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rearaghaerh 
#1 ·
I am considering replacing my 2008 JD 1128 blower before next winter. Looking at the Ariens Platinum 24 EFI. Should I be looking for the current model year this spring or wait for fall to hopefully get a new model? Only plan on buying from a local dealer - not big box.

#2 ·
I was in similar situation - wondering when to buy (and was going to buy from dealer).

When looking around at models and asking about pricing \ timing, dealer sales guy said end of season there would be some instant rebates, maybe 10%.

However, I wanted a SB for this season so went for it. Price was lower than on Amazon, and I had my choice of brand new off-the-crate SB, and free setup, oil & gas up and delivery to my door. Good value in my eyes.

If looking to save big, buy used. If looking to save little, buy in spring or preseason like Aug\Sept.

Or....or....spend the cash and get something now that you like and will enjoy. You know what they say about tomorrow is promised to no one...

#4 ·
Just finished the second run today. The old JD did well but I worry every time use it. 30" at EOD had to be taken in half bucket chunks but it worked. Did my driveway and the neighbors. Another 3-6 tonight will have me out again tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.