LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 02-25-2017, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 109
Likes (Given): 107
Likes (Received): 252
question for SB sellers

This year has been a really tough year for selling with the lack of snow and lack of the big box stores selling out, My question is where do you store your inventory over the summer? Right now I am considering draining all fuel out and storing in the basement seeing the garage/shop gets used for other stuff in the summer and don't really have the room and do NOT want to leave them under tarps in the yard, and make the yard look like a salvage yard LOL. I am getting a few pallets and I remove the bucket and put them in the basement, the pallets are because I own a house built in the late 1890's and the basement does get a little water when it rains badly, But I plan to remove the bucket on the pallet and have the tractor right with it. this also gives me the opportunity to clean them up and wax them without having to run out to the garage. Just picked up one in good condition and want it looking good next winter when it's time to sell and in the basement it will be out of the way, I also plan to pick a few more up to repair for next winter now that the deals are starting to pop up randomly. What do you do and what do you think of my plan?

Dauntae

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-26-2017, 04:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 35
Likes (Given): 57
Likes (Received): 84
First/Second week of March, I'm gonna advertise a year end clearance sale.....EVERYTHING MUST GO...... Prices Slashed.....Buy now, Save Early.

If nothing moves. maybe I'll rent some pallet space?? OR, how bout G/F???? She's awesome. Loaded you up pretty good.....How much storage space is she offering you???

GLuck, Jay
post #3 of 11 Old 02-26-2017, 08:56 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 10
Likes (Received): 149
That basement sounds like a bad place to keep equipment looking nice. Do you have room for a storage container? Prices have dropped a little and you can always resell it too.
post #4 of 11 Old 02-26-2017, 12:30 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 161
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 571
I have three 40' Conex containers.....one for cranberry equipment and two for snowblowers and lawn tractors. When snowblower season is done I will take all the blowers from the 24x46 addition on my shop out to the containers, and bring the lawn tractors down...the only ones that go under cover are the ones ready to sell.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-26-2017, 07:33 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 24
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 37
Likes (Received): 14
I keep 2 a Deutz Allis and a Honda 621 in a Rubbermaid shed with other things.
post #6 of 11 Old 02-27-2017, 08:33 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 16
Likes (Given): 34
Likes (Received): 113
How many blowers do you guys have?

i do a little buying and selling i have 4 blowers now mostly due to finding good deals and planning on keeping for the summer. in my 12x12 shed with 2 lofts i can put the single stages up on.

this is my first year doing this and i flipped 6 blowers this year not sure if thats good or bad i thought it was ok for a start.

how many do you guys do in a winter?

Toro snow commander 7hp RTEK ...honda HS720 GC190 OHC
Toro ccr3650 6.5hp RTEK ....Ariens sno-tek 26" 208cc LCT
Ariens st824 924082 HMSK 80 ....Ariens path pro 136cc
post #7 of 11 Old 02-27-2017, 11:43 AM

Post Thanks / Like
I've only sold 8 this year and 8 last year, but we had little snow. I'll overwinter 20. I did more with lawntractors...people need to cut grass every week. Last summer got dry and sales faltered, but I've got a dozen or so ready for this season.
post #8 of 11 Old 02-27-2017, 11:56 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 16
Likes (Given): 34
Likes (Received): 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranman View Post
I've only sold 8 this year and 8 last year, but we had little snow. I'll overwinter 20. I did more with lawntractors...people need to cut grass every week. Last summer got dry and sales faltered, but I've got a dozen or so ready for this season.
i was thinking on transitioning to mowers. what do more people want riders or push mowers?

i see tons of push mowers on CL not many riders for under $250

Toro snow commander 7hp RTEK ...honda HS720 GC190 OHC
Toro ccr3650 6.5hp RTEK ....Ariens sno-tek 26" 208cc LCT
Ariens st824 924082 HMSK 80 ....Ariens path pro 136cc
post #9 of 11 Old 02-27-2017, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 109
Likes (Given): 107
Likes (Received): 252
From the limited work of done on riders, it seems unless it's a big name rider it's hard to sell, I just got a new one myself and will be selling the old one, It's a John Deere and the lower end of those don't seem to sell for a lot either, I think it's because there are so many used ones out there that if you want good money they will search for a cheaper one, Snow blowers need a good storm to sell good but when one hits people get desperate and are willing to pay more, cutting grass people will search longer for a rider mower because they can either let it grow longer or use a push mower until they find a better deal.

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
post #10 of 11 Old 02-27-2017, 05:04 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Push mowers are so cheap new, you can't make a nickel on used......I try and stay with Craftsman, Huskys, or Poulan...all made by AYP now owned by Husquvana. I'll fix or flip anything, but those are the easiest to work on. If you can get a rider in good shape for sale for $350 -$500 they will sell and if you are into it kinda cheap, you can make something for your time. I add $125-$150 for a bagger unit. I find the rider market less volatile then snowblowers. I love working on both so no biggie, but I wish we had had more snow this year! I picked up four new project blowers since Saturday...cheap....I just can't say no!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page