Overnight EOD, hard, ice, blowers ride over, use hand scrapper - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-16-2017, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 89
Thanks (Received): 175
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 406
Garage
Overnight EOD, hard, ice, blowers ride over, use hand scrapper

In NJ this was a wet heavy storm. Using my 10hp blower I never got a clog, almost many times! But tried to prevent it by letting the impeller and chute clear out before releasing the auger handle.

However, the town plowed the streets overnight, I heard them but slept knowing it was going to be difficult but not expecting what I encountered. I tried 2 10hp blowers, both rode up and over without doing anything. One was a very front heavy real John Deere with a super creeping 1st gear and chains. I got out the flat metal scrapper and started chipping away then used the blower. Screw it. I started up my 500 lb. cast iron long heavy beasty powerful with a 12hp cast iron Kohler Gravely Convertible, the front is so heavy you have to make an effort to get the front off the ground. No problem. Scrapped it, ate it away, digested it, and spit it out.

I hate to use it, so long and bulky, beast to steer, but I hate to sell it though it's worth much more than a $1,000+. It's a 1970s model I've had since 1978. It does have it's uses. Best to go to a commercial operation, a business, snow plowed, or someone with land that can use all of its attachments.

1986 Ariens ST522, 5hp, 22"
1995 Murray Craftsman 10hp, 29" w. 12" impeller
A 1983 Real John Deere 10hp, 32" w. 12" impeller, 16" auger, 20" high front, cast iron gear box, chains
Noma 9hp, 27" w. 12" impeller
Noma 5hp, 24" w. 12" impeller, 20" high front
Gravely Convertible, 12hp Kohler cast iron, 26" width, 600 lbs of cast iron & steel, 2 speed impeller, 4 ground speeds
Dynamark 8hp, 26", 12" impeller, for sale
Several other 5hp, 8hp, several 2 cycle, all for sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-16-2017, 11:08 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 9
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 23
You sir could write a book! All of your threads are so funny, you have a wealth of material for a drama filled book!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 Toro CCR1000
2007 Cub Cadet 524SWE
post #3 of 8 Old 03-16-2017, 11:21 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 66
Thanks (Received): 161
Likes (Given): 62
Likes (Received): 571
Mine has sat in my garage for 15 years. I changed the oil and started it last spring, thinking of doing some brush hogging with it, but it hasn't moved. I won't sell it unless I get too feeble to run it.
post #4 of 8 Old 03-16-2017, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 524SWE View Post
You sir could write a book! All of your threads are so funny, you have a wealth of material for a drama filled book!
Thanks, don't get me started, whoops, you did, remember my trip to Mexico Dec 1974, bottomed the 5th deepest cave in the world, taken away middle of the night by villagers in the mountains with guns, on their land, had to get permission from a General, driving bushes run across the road with rifles sticking out, Army looking for drugs,went to beach took 12 hrs to go 43 miles, ate iguana, fresh water waterfall, pools, beautiful naked European women, climbed active volcano 14,000' Mt Popocatel, Mt Orizaba, watched the people walk their goats to the mercado in the morning, they didn't walk them home, want a piece of really fresh meat? Kick the cows out if the stream to bathe, Hit a Mexican government transportation truck, under arrest, in the hospital internally bleeding, paid off a Judge to reduce the chsrges, US embassy helped me escape over the border at night. Came home with hepatitis. More to this story among other stories of my travels, personal experiences, climbing a mountain and stopping for lunch sitting on a 6" ledge 1,000 feet off the ground on a shear face looking at the birds flying below me! Which experience do you want? Getting the heck out of a cave that was flooding at 20'/hour with only an inch of air space. Rappelling down to save someone whose gear had failed? Climbing into a sleeping bag naked to save someone that was soaking wet in the woods who fell into ice water temp outside 10 degrees and going into hypothermia, winter back camping mountaineering skiing in the snow, Ordinary stories that turned into extraordinary circumstances. It becomes all xxxx after awhile. I'd rather go swimming at New Jersey's only naked ocean beach and stare having my wife point out the attractions.

A 1983 Real John Deere 10hp, 32" w. 12" impeller, 16" auger, 20" high front, cast iron gear box, chains
Gravely Convertible, 12hp Kohler cast iron, 26" width, 600 lbs of cast iron & steel, 2 speed impeller, 4 ground speeds
post #5 of 8 Old 03-16-2017, 11:53 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 4
Thanks (Received): 11
Likes (Given): 8
Likes (Received): 23
I have multi-state residency (Central PA & Central NJ). I was at my central PA (business home) when the storm hit and we go 18+ inches of snow. Normally snow plows don't clear our development until at least 1 day after storm. This year was an exception, plows did our streets during the end of the storm. So instead of the usual frozen crud piled up at EOD we got 5' high piles of soft snow. Here is picture of wife clearing out the EOD. Note how unusually clean and white the snow pile is at the EOD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Susie.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	102450   Click image for larger version

Name:	ruler.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	102458   Click image for larger version

Name:	deck.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	102466  

2017 Husqvarna ST224P
2005 Ariens ST1332DLE (sold)
2002 Craftsman 9HP 28" 88xxx (gave away)
post #6 of 8 Old 03-16-2017, 07:15 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 142
Likes (Given): 24
Likes (Received): 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLawrence08648 View Post
Thanks, don't get me started, whoops, you did, remember my trip to Mexico Dec 1974, bottomed the 5th deepest cave in the world, taken away middle of the night by villagers in the mountains with guns, on their land, had to get permission from a General, driving bushes run across the road with rifles sticking out, Army looking for drugs,went to beach took 12 hrs to go 43 miles, ate iguana, fresh water waterfall, pools, beautiful naked European women, climbed active volcano 14,000' Mt Popocatel, Mt Orizaba, watched the people walk their goats to the mercado in the morning, they didn't walk them home, want a piece of really fresh meat? Kick the cows out if the stream to bathe, Hit a Mexican government transportation truck, under arrest, in the hospital internally bleeding, paid off a Judge to reduce the chsrges, US embassy helped me escape over the border at night. Came home with hepatitis. More to this story among other stories of my travels, personal experiences, climbing a mountain and stopping for lunch sitting on a 6" ledge 1,000 feet off the ground on a shear face looking at the birds flying below me! Which experience do you want? Getting the heck out of a cave that was flooding at 20'/hour with only an inch of air space. Rappelling down to save someone whose gear had failed? Climbing into a sleeping bag naked to save someone that was soaking wet in the woods who fell into ice water temp outside 10 degrees and going into hypothermia, winter back camping mountaineering skiing in the snow, Ordinary stories that turned into extraordinary circumstances. It becomes all xxxx after awhile. I'd rather go swimming at New Jersey's only naked ocean beach and stare having my wife point out the attractions.
lol, Is this real life?

Honda HSS1328AATD | Honda HS720 | Toro Powerlite | Simplicity 860se

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-16-2017, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmerdp View Post
lol, Is this real life?
Real life for me and is real, not in my mind. You want more? Have more but forget it. Done a lot of traveling, have a lot of education, lot of adventures, lot of experiences, lot of abilities, lot of degrees, licenses, designations, certifications. I am an adventurer, but prefer to take only calculated risks, in my favor!

post #8 of 8 Old 03-16-2017, 09:02 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 103
Thanks (Received): 375
Likes (Given): 466
Likes (Received): 477
You should really consider writing a book......!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page