Super clean late 70's 924,000 series 10/32 Ariens selling for a steal in Maine! - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-23-2017, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 10
Thanks (Received): 15
Likes (Given): 16
Likes (Received): 17
Super clean late 70's 924,000 series 10/32 Ariens selling for a steal in Maine!

I was surfing eBay and I came across a really nice, super clean late 70's 924,000 series Ariens Sno-Thro selling for a real bargain at only $238. At that price I would not doubt if he let it go for $200. It has one of Ariens best designed buckets, which they only used briefly, which is also the same design Snapper used on their machines for over 30 years and owning one, I know how well that style bucket digs into the snow. If I lived in Maine I would have already grabbed it. It has a 10hp Tecumseh Snowking engine, the cast Iron front gearbox along with the large solid augers and I also believe that machine has the six blade impeller. It has the nice large fat tires for that smooth ride add a good set of chains or put a set of modern tires with good tread on and your set. It also has a taller chute and can accept attachment's if you wanted to use it as a mower, etc with those nice Lawn style tires. It is in really nice condition and from what I can see it appears it has one small ding on the dash, which could easily be straightened out, little to no rust a very good thing. Otherwise that is one sweet machine. Add a headlight too that bad boy, a little routine maintenance and that could make one lucky person a great Snowblower. The king of the block. IMHO those early 924,000 series machines are some of Ariens best machines ever built, especially that style bucket and its a 32, actually slightly longer, perfect size and power ratio at 10/32 and it was when they applied the paint in a manor in which it stayed on better, as you notice with the 80's machines the paint peels off in sheets, on these machines they spent the money to make every part of that machine quality and the paint is hard to come off. It doesn't get much better than that. I wanted to share that and I hope someone is lucky enough to grab it up and enjoy it. It may be nearly summer, but I have no doubt that machine will be gone fast, come fall. If anyone does end up getting it, let us know how it is and how they like it, a few more photo's would be great!

Last edited by FearlessFront; 05-23-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page