Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 99
Thanks (Received): 50
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 78
Amazon Price Fluctuations

Just sharing...

I just stumbled into a handy site that shows price fluctuations for Amazon

If you MUST buy a new snowblower then be sure to check this site.

I was looking at a model where the prices swing from $600 to $1300
You'd probably hate to discover this information 3 days after paying $1300

Be sure to turn on BOTH the 3rd party and Amazon-in-house prices on the right hand side toggle buttons

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Briggs-Stratton-1696614-Dual-Stage-Electric/product/B00VCM00UU
EDIT: DO NOT BUY THAT MODEL!! Check the negative reviews now that they are finally trickling in.

It's interesting, as soon as Amazon go out of stock, (which is what I think the dotted green lines mean) the 3rd party sellers add hundreds of dollars onto the price. Nice!

Also... see how much people are trying to sell them for used (with the other toggle button) ... then ask WHY are they trying to sell them so soon?

Finally, it puts those wild pricing claims into perspective.... "$1200 reduced to $800 for one week only!!".... errrr ....wasn't it $600 last month??

This camelcamelcamel site should work for ANY product on Amazon I guess.

Last edited by unknown1; 08-26-2017 at 02:09 PM. Reason: dotted lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-26-2017, 03:19 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 508
Thanks (Received): 380
Likes (Given): 291
Likes (Received): 1383
I like Amazon as much as the next person here. But why in the name of ZEUS would anybody buy that there.

Long LIVE THE POWERSHIFT!! MAY IT NEVER RUST IN PEACE!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MAHALO!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 3 Old 08-26-2017, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 99
Thanks (Received): 50
Likes (Given): 48
Likes (Received): 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSHIFT93 View Post
I like Amazon as much as the next person here. But why in the name of ZEUS would anybody buy that there.
You'd need to be following the China-USA thread to get more insight into that. :-)

It's unusual because it's the first 100% Chinese machine we've spotted from that brand-name your grandpa probably used to trust.
Grandpa's information is unfortunately out of date in this case. :-(
One of our forum members DID buy it... I hope it's working out for him as he enters his second season. Those auger gearboxes seem to want to explode.

Don't make that mistake..
Stay current and come check out the latest country-based info over here before you buy ANY new snowblower:
https://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum...2-post261.html

This Amazon thread is simply to let you do historical price-checks once you think you've decided what you are about to buy.
(that's assuming you feel you MUST buy new.. I wouldn't...but that risk is covered elsewhere on the forum).

Last edited by unknown1; 08-26-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page