Snowblower Forum banner

Anyone ever try teflon....

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jsup 
#1 ·
I was reading on what people use to make the chute slick and there are a number of products suggested. I was wondering if anyone ever took the chute off and had the inside Teflon coated, sprayed and baked. Seems like a permanent solution. Is there a down side?

#2 ·
Where would you buy the raw product that can be baked? Who would bake it? Then the cost? Teflon is not very resistant to abrasion. A better choice for abrasion is the material you use for frying pans. But isn't UHMW cheaper And easier? And you can do the impeller area.

#7 ·
There are many low cost and easy to do solutions that work. My preference is to wax the snow blower at the start (and end) of the season. Doing so substantially reduces snow accumulation and protects the snow blower from rust, as well.

I've found the snow sticks to the snow blower when it melts (because the snow blower is warm) and refreezes as the snow blower housing gets cold. The best thing I do, therefore, is simply bring the snow blower out of my garage before I start. It gets cold before use so the snow doesn't melt and refreeze, making it easy to throw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.