have u ever seen this, dual shaft auger, pre driftmaster? kijiji find - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-03-2018, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 56
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 148
have u ever seen this, dual shaft auger, pre driftmaster? kijiji find

those top augers are huge compared to the "normal" driftmasters.
theres 3 shafts/bearing sets on the bucket sides, impeller placed like a catapult.
i wonder how old this beauty is as i never seen one quite like it, and he has 2 of them

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowblower/m...air/1319208106

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by vinnycom; 01-03-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-03-2018, 11:14 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 72
Thanks (Received): 88
Likes (Given): 75
Likes (Received): 158
They are definitely grabbing and worth restoring as this 2 stage concept is very simple. By using the augers to deliver only so much snow to the impeller by using the augers to break and push a limited amount of snow to the impeller.

It has no chance to really become snow or ice bound as the augers are breaking everything up. They would be worth buying and restoring as they have a chain drive for the augers which is so much simpler to maintain.

All you would need is a piece of 20-30 pound piece of bar stock to bolt to the cross auger housing and the end of driveway monster will be no more.

If they had done this with the john deere 44 inch snow thrower I own I would not have had any problems with and and spent so much money on it. I have yet to mount that thing on the tractor and it has not been stolen yet either
(I wish).

If an 8 or 10 horse engine was installed VROOOOOOOOOMMMM Of course tim taylor would be proud and want to install
the smallest of the three yamaha Twin engines vertically or a honda V twin like the one on "frankenstein blower.

Last edited by leonz; 01-03-2018 at 11:18 AM. Reason: stuff/spelling and punctuation corrections
post #3 of 6 Old 01-03-2018, 12:07 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 88
Thanks (Received): 175
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 406
Garage
Well worth the $60 he's asking.

1986 Ariens ST522, 5hp, 22"
1995 Murray Craftsman 10hp, 29" w. 12" impeller
A 1983 Real John Deere 10hp, 32" w. 12" impeller, 16" auger, 20" high front, cast iron gear box, chains
Noma 9hp, 27" w. 12" impeller
Noma 5hp, 24" w. 12" impeller, 20" high front
Gravely Convertible, 12hp Kohler cast iron, 26" width, 600 lbs of cast iron & steel, 2 speed impeller, 4 ground speeds
Dynamark 8hp, 26", 12" impeller, for sale
Several other 5hp, 8hp, several 2 cycle, all for sale
post #4 of 6 Old 01-03-2018, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 56
Thanks (Received): 62
Likes (Given): 51
Likes (Received): 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLawrence08648 View Post
Well worth the $60 he's asking.
me thinks hes asking $60 for both, not each, if i had time or the willingness to repower and replace metal parts id think about, hes about a 2 hr drive and i dont have a trailer or truck.
but this year is my first ever snowblower and first ever teardown to fix said "non" working blower.
if i knew metal work or had tools for it, like a welder, maybe, tempting though, but here in canada they tend to ream us on parts and tools

Bought a dead but now fixed 1980ish craftsman II 10/28....ITS ONE HEAVY BEAST

MY VIDS ON FIXIN HER UP

post #5 of 6 Old 01-03-2018, 01:22 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 88
Thanks (Received): 175
Likes (Given): 68
Likes (Received): 406
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnycom View Post
me thinks hes asking $60 for both, not each, if i had time or the willingness to repower and replace metal parts id think about, hes about a 2 hr drive and i don't have a trailer or truck.
For these, I'd rent a truck to get them

Quote:
but this year is my first ever snowblower and first ever teardown to fix said "non" working blower.
You learn! my doing, on here, YouTube, by getting your hands dirty, making mistakes.

Quote:
if i knew metal work or had tools for it, like a welder, maybe, tempting though,
A MIG is nice but not important at all, I seldom use mine for snowblowers though, I do use it, for snowblowers, mowers, around the house. What is more important and even absolutely necessary at times is a combo heating and welding torch. About $300-$500 with the tanks.

Quote:
but here in canada they tend to ream us on parts and tools
I can understand that, before I was born, I looked at Canada, did my analysis, comparison, pricing, temperatures, comparing it to the U.S., and decided to be born here in the U.S. of A.

1986 Ariens ST522, 5hp, 22"
1995 Murray Craftsman 10hp, 29" w. 12" impeller
A 1983 Real John Deere 10hp, 32" w. 12" impeller, 16" auger, 20" high front, cast iron gear box, chains
Noma 9hp, 27" w. 12" impeller
Noma 5hp, 24" w. 12" impeller, 20" high front
Gravely Convertible, 12hp Kohler cast iron, 26" width, 600 lbs of cast iron & steel, 2 speed impeller, 4 ground speeds
Dynamark 8hp, 26", 12" impeller, for sale
Several other 5hp, 8hp, several 2 cycle, all for sale
post #6 of 6 Old 01-03-2018, 02:00 PM
JnC

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 58
Thanks (Received): 128
Likes (Given): 23
Likes (Received): 171
I missed out on one of these the other day, seller wanted $100 for it . I need a machine like this with semi exposed/protruding augers as I need to clean up some of the heavy/compacted piles that the snow plow guy pushes up against the parking areas at work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page