Resellers: What Really Helps You Sell For Top Dollar? - Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 01-06-2018, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 656
Thanks (Received): 165
Likes (Given): 1027
Likes (Received): 1063
Garage
Resellers: What Really Helps You Sell For Top Dollar?

with the threads about flippers and gougers I was wondering about the members here that buy snow blowers and then resell for top dollar.

what really works? I'm sure it is a combination of things but what is the main thing that you have learned from experience?

is appearance super important? is your reputation the main selling point? do you document all the work and costs involved before reselling and inform the buyer?

what is the turning point in turning a potential customer into a buyer?

I figure if that the first or second person who looks at it , buys it, you must be very good at reselling blowers.

so what works for you.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-06-2018, 11:34 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 19
Thanks (Received): 47
Likes (Given): 102
Likes (Received): 217
I find have it sparkling clean, clean oil, and the engines idles and runs smooth.
post #3 of 18 Old 01-06-2018, 11:48 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 32
Thanks (Received): 92
Likes (Given): 446
Likes (Received): 148
i make sure anything i sell is working 100% unless i sell it as is, i like to use a flap disc and paint any heavily rusted areas because appearance is just as important as functionality in a buyers eyes. i always make sure im honest with people and give them a thorough tutorial in use and care. thats about it
post #4 of 18 Old 01-06-2018, 11:57 AM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 302
I've

Last edited by jtclays; 03-13-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes micah68kj liked this post
post #5 of 18 Old 01-06-2018, 12:00 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 12
Thanks (Received): 107
Likes (Given): 107
Likes (Received): 252
If you make all things fair (such as if all snow blowers where is equal condition) I find to sell it's all in presentation. Take good pics and make sure the blower is the center of attention in the pic. If there is your blower in a shed with all kinds of other equipment around it or in a row of other blowers, There attention will NOT be on what your trying to sell. Keep everything else out of the photo, Make it look good and the center of attention. So far this year I had no trouble getting what I wanted for them and there were others out there similar and the buyers all have said they seen the AD and wanted the blower.

Sno-Tek Modded, 15"X-Track tires (Now has same X-Track tires but 13"x4" for better fit), 254cc engine LED light and hand warmers.
Snapper 6/22 sold but not forgotten. Was my first.
Ariens ST1027LE workhorse and going strong.
New 2017 Ariens Deluxe completely rebuilt after losing a fight with a forklift.
post #6 of 18 Old 01-06-2018, 12:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 15
Thanks (Received): 64
Likes (Given): 204
Likes (Received): 139
I usually don't sell until there's a foot of snow on the ground. The snowblower usually sells itself after the buyer sees the snowblower in action.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 18 Old 01-06-2018, 12:34 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 18
Thanks (Received): 30
Likes (Given): 11
Likes (Received): 109
For top dollar I clean and paint if needed. Take pics of new parts. Also the obvious make sure its running and operating top notch with no mechanical flaws. Also throw in free goods. I ordered a 50 pairs of grips cleats online. Talked to seller on eBay came out to $4 USD a pair. People love getting a deal. Every machine sold for asking price and had a guy tip me. I sold every machine to to first person looking and had people send friends and family to come pick out a machine. I only posted about 6 machines online and the rest all through referral from those who just purchased. Had people say hold this one for my (blank) Ill send them right over. All between December 22 to January 3rd. Total of 26 machines. The extra cleats made for nice xmas gifts for neighbors, mailman etc.

74 Ariens 832
8? FMC Bolens 824
02 White 4x4 Snow Boss
90 Lawn Boy ST320
88 Honda 300FW w/plow
Likes classiccat liked this post
post #8 of 18 Old 01-06-2018, 12:44 PM
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 158
Likes (Given): 95
Likes (Received): 302

Last edited by jtclays; 03-13-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Likes classiccat liked this post
post #9 of 18 Old 01-06-2018, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 656
Thanks (Received): 165
Likes (Given): 1027
Likes (Received): 1063
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilateen02 View Post
For top dollar I clean and paint if needed. Take pics of new parts. Also the obvious make sure its running and operating top notch with no mechanical flaws. Also throw in free goods. I ordered a 50 pairs of grips cleats online. Talked to seller on eBay came out to $4 USD a pair. People love getting a deal. Every machine sold for asking price and had a guy tip me. I sold every machine to to first person looking and had people send friends and family to come pick out a machine. I only posted about 6 machines online and the rest all through referral from those who just purchased. Had people say hold this one for my (blank) Ill send them right over. All between December 22 to January 3rd. Total of 26 machines. The extra cleats made for nice xmas gifts for neighbors, mailman etc.
what do you mean by grip cleats? Giving them something free for giving asking price sounds smart. plus word of mouth.

"It Feels Like Beer O'Clock "
post #10 of 18 Old 01-06-2018, 01:09 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 201
Thanks (Received): 40
Likes (Given): 567
Likes (Received): 108
..., I believe buyers have a responsibility to educate themselves. One should know the estimated value of what one is trying to buy. Then factor in condition, previous owner(s) age of the machine and maintenance history - these factors should be used to negotiate cost. I certainly believe the seller, has a responsibility to be honest but also sell a machine at a profit - after repairing it. Profit includes diagnosis, parts, repair/labor. Just my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page